Sponsored

Cloth seats quality?

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How are the non-softex cloth seats? The OR Premium package is $4k more than the OR Upgrade package, and trying to assess one add on a at time whether they are worth it for that premium package. My initial thought is no, but... I'm coming from a vehicle with that softex type seat now, and it has actually been a while since I've had cloth seats.
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Same here when I got mine. Was initially dissatisfied I couldn't get the softex in 6M Sport in Canada but I have to say, I almost prefer the cloth. They are super comfy, don't over heat in the summer, and don't get cold in our -40 winters.

The only thing I hate is the color choice. Would've liked to see black cloth. I already have a couple annoying stains and I haven't even hit any trails yet.

Got to invest in fabric cleaner but other than that I absolutely love the cloth seats, tried to run some fake leather covers and ripped them off quick as the comfort level just wasn't the same.

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
My experience is similar to the poster above. The cloth is very comfy and I really like not having to deal with the temperature extremes. I donā€™t mind leather either, but seat material is pretty far down my list when it comes to purchasing factors. The cloth is good to go though.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I would suggest saving your money with the cloth seats and spending a couple hundred, if necessary, on quality seat covers. I have the cloth on my 2024 Sport, and am very happy with them.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I have the softex, two things to counter others complaints about the cloth seats. easy to clean, they are heated AND cooled.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Iā€™ve got the black with white stitching seats and absolutely love them. Very easy to clean and I havenā€™t seen them in any other tacos yet. I really didnā€™t want the boulder grey interior.

2024 Tacoma Cloth seats quality? IMG_7278

2024 Tacoma Cloth seats quality? IMG_7279

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
I have had a 2001 1st gen Tacoma since 2004 and it has it's original cloth seats. They get cleaned every now and then, but they are doing very well. No damage whatsoever.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Anyone else feel like the head rest leans forward too far? Sitting in it I feel like my head is being pushed forward. Near as I can tell it isn't adjustable like it is on my current daily driver (Forester). Maybe raising it up will help this, I have not tried that yet when sitting in one at my local dealership.

Garrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I have the cloth seats and have been pretty happy with them. I've had leather in my last few vehicles and don't miss it so far. The fabric seems to be pretty durable and doesn't really trap dirt/crud. My legs also appreciate it when it's hot out and I'm wearing shorts lol.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else feel like the head rest leans forward too far? Sitting in it I feel like my head is being pushed forward. Near as I can tell it isn't adjustable like it is on my current daily driver (Forester). Maybe raising it up will help this, I have not tried that yet when sitting in one at my local dealership.
Haven't had a headrest issue. I have my seat tilted back (seat cushion tilted up in the front) with lumber on, so when I get in, it's like sitting in a custom made enclosure.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't had a headrest issue. I have my seat tilted back (seat cushion tilted up in the front) with lumber on, so when I get in, it's like sitting in a custom made enclosure.
Yeah, I'm a bit of a special case. I sit pretty upright in my seat and I also tend to tilt my head bad due to some eye alignment issues.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm a bit of a special case. I sit pretty upright in my seat and I also tend to tilt my head bad due to some eye alignment issues.
Looking at the pics, I can see with sitting upright, how the headrest might be uncomfortable. Just a thought, but what if you removed the headrest and turned it around? Or, actually bent the posts a little so it would lean more back.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Iā€™ve got the black with white stitching seats and absolutely love them. Very easy to clean and I havenā€™t seen them in any other tacos yet. I really didnā€™t want the boulder grey interior.

IMG_7278.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg
I would have preferred the black seats, but it seems they are only available with the white interior trim and that isn't available with celestial silver exterior.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the pics, I can see with sitting upright, how the headrest might be uncomfortable. Just a thought, but what if you removed the headrest and turned it around? Or, actually bent the posts a little so it would lean more back.
Interesting. I don't think I would want to bend the posts, but I would be interested to know if it can be turned around. Anyone here mind checking?
Sponsored