Climate related car attacks [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Starting to hear about folks going after people driving V8 muscle cars, luxury cars and SUV’s. Be vigilant when driving and parking. I don’t DD my S550, but it seems while our world is becoming more climate aware, certain individuals are becoming more aggressive as they take the position of climate warriors. It’s spreading…..Always leave room to escape when stopped. The world has changed. Not everyone loves our cars anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:
OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There have been un coordinated physical attacks and property damage also. I fear climate control flash mobs may be the future.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
This nonsense is getting out of hand. I don't condone violence, but perhaps this type of activity would change with some, well, "opposition".

This vandalism is like the BS in Europe when idiots are gluing themselves to works of art to protest.. Real jail time may stop this type of behavior. These things need to handled with a heavy hand. No more wrist-slap and out the same day.

I don't have a vehicle that gets great MPG. My' 22 GT or '16 Police Utility are similar in MPG. We also have a V10 Excursion and an early Dodge Viper. All my cars are inside at night.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
While I don't think what these guys do is correct, I understand why the do that.
Great care has been taken to make engines less polluting and consume less, yet the rise of SUV has not only lessened that effort, it made things worse.
Growing preference for SUVs challenges emissions reductions in passenger car market – Analysis - IEA

SUVs and Crossovers are completely useless in a densely populated urban area, yet it's the only car segment that you can see on tv spots these days.
I condemn what they are doing but apart from places when these kind of vehicle are a necessity, those vehicles should be banned entirely from the road.

I guess most of the hate that cars are attracting right now come from this. If SUV would not have become so common cars today would consume much less "on average" and the whole industry would be less stigmatized.

Edit: it's obvious that thinks like loosening lug nuts is dangerous and I'm not condoning them. Just saying that there is degree of truth in what the tire flatters are saying.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Perhaps it is similar to those who still wear a mask when driving in a car alone. The goal of some movements seems to be to goad followers into actions. Someone wearing a mask in a car alone is of no danger to me, only a sign of how far the fear mongers have pusher their agenda.

Cutting my tires, loosening my lug nuts and such can be either dangerous or expensive. I happen to live in a state with laws that allow us to defend our property. We do not have to run the other way or climb out a window. I kind of think there will be none to very little of this in my rural area.

These climate activists have been scared to the point of such actions. To promote an agenda whether it be climate or vaccines the rhetoric has been ramped up to absurd levels. I get why the promoters take the talking points to such extremes. Things such as the world will end as we know it in 12 years and other such generate fear. That fear is at work.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Unfortunately comments dealing with “they should be prosecuted“ is quite naïve. Almost no criminal gets prosecuted these days. Just take a look at today’s NY Post and you’ll see that even drug dealers don’t get prosecuted, along with robber, rioters, looters, and murderers. It’s quite nasty out there.

A short time ago I foiled an attempted high jacking of my truck, trailer, and very rare 1965 Shelby. Won’t provide any details here, but it’s not the least bit unusual. At my hotel catalytic converters were stolen, and neither occurrence was in a bad neighborhood.

If you are doing anything with a nice car you need to be street savvy and very, very, very well prepared for what can happen and how to handle it. Those who see through rose colored glasses (of which there are many these days) will have to learn the hard way.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
While I don't think what these guys do is correct, I understand why the do that.
Great care has been taken to make engines less polluting and consume less, yet the rise of SUV has not only lessened that effort, it made things worse.
Growing preference for SUVs challenges emissions reductions in passenger car market – Analysis - IEA

SUVs and Crossovers are completely useless in a densely populated urban area, yet it's the only car segment that you can see on tv spots these days.
I condemn what they are doing but apart from places when these kind of vehicle are a necessity, those vehicles should be banned entirely from the road.

I guess most of the hate that cars are attracting right now come from this. If SUV would not have become so common cars today would consume much less "on average" and the whole industry would be less stigmatized.
Hello; Another way being old gives a viewpoint. Many decades ago the Feds went after the large sedans by starting to impose corporate fuel mileage averages. A company had to in a convoluted scheme make more vehicles that got ever increasing better MPG. Thing is they exempted pickup trucks. The rules applied to sedans mainly. So as the cars got ever smaller people started to buy pickups and their clones the sport utility vehicles built on truck frames. Broncos, Surburans and such.

The companies started making the trucks/SUV's with more and more car like features. I like a regular cab pickup with an eight foot bed. Just two doors and a single bench seat. A truck on a frame with very few tech or fancy features. Try to find one of those. Even before the pandemic lockdowns induced chip shortage a "real" truck like that was hard to find. For years i could walk onto the lots of big dealers and not find a regular cab eight foot bed pickup.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I'd be careful what you wish for ... think about it ... how many people "need" a sports car/muscle car capable of 150mph on ANY current road in the USA? Banning any particular car because you don't see how it fits into the current transportation "sphere" of your community would only bring about you and I losing the ability to drive the cars we love.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Another way being old gives a viewpoint. Many decades ago the Feds went after the large sedans by starting to impose corporate fuel mileage averages. A company had to in a convoluted scheme make more vehicles that got ever increasing better MPG. Thing is they exempted pickup trucks. The rules applied to sedans mainly. So as the cars got ever smaller people started to buy pickups and their clones the sport utility vehicles built on truck frames. Broncos, Surburans and such.

The companies started making the trucks/SUV's with more and more car like features. I like a regular cab pickup with an eight foot bed. Just two doors and a single bench seat. A truck on a frame with very few tech or fancy features. Try to find one of those. Even before the pandemic lockdowns induced chip shortage a "real" truck like that was hard to find. For years i could walk onto the lots of big dealers and not find a regular cab eight foot bed pickup.
Yes, that's another thing I wanted to say but I skipped on it.
The advent of SUV is likely more an example of bad policymaking... turned into a disaster.

Here in EU the lawmakers force car manufacturers to put every electronic nanny possible into cars. The result is that simple, affordable and light cars are not being produced anymore because there is no return of investment for the manufacturer. The answer to that is they are sponsoring SUVs because of higher margins on them.
The result is that because of bad policymaking now we have more cars that consume more gas and are more of an hazard to other road users.

These are just young folks trying to persuade somebody to do the right thing by deflating a tire...

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
I'd be careful what you wish for ... think about it ... how many people "need" a sports car/muscle car capable of 150mph on ANY current road in the USA? Banning any particular car because you don't see how it fits into the current transportation "sphere" of your community would only bring about you and I losing the ability to drive the cars we love.
Not many perhaps. You are right, but our cars are much less an harm to the environment than a 2.5 tons steel monster squeezed in the tiny streets of Italy....
Our cars are still cars, in their ride height, weight, profile... just a little more powerful.

And yes, we already have bans for categories of vehicles.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that's another thing I wanted to say but I skipped on it.
The advent of SUV is likely more an example of bad policymaking... turned into a disaster.

Here in EU the lawmakers force car manufacturers to put every electronic nanny possible into cars. The result is that simple, affordable and light cars are not being produced anymore because there is no return of investment for the manufacturer. The answer to that is they are sponsoring SUVs because of higher margins on them.
The result is that because of bad policymaking now we have more cars that consume more gas and are more of an hazard to other road users.

These are just young folks trying to persuade somebody to do the right thing by deflating a tire...
Hello; I fully agree with the majority of your comment. Back in the 1980's I bought a Honda Civic with a crude fuel injection system that got over 40 MPG. had a 1972 Porsche 914 that got over 40 MPG if I cruised it. They were very light with few extra gadgets. The Honda even had AC.

The last comment I wonder about. Are the simply unscrewing the valves on tires to deflate or are they slashing the tire? Even simple deflating a tire causes problems, tho not much expense.
There were times I used a truck/van to make a living.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.