Sponsored

Clicking/Ticking sound from brakes? UPDATE: It was the rear axle

Ks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H5318
Had my drivers side replaced not long ago, they told me the axle assembly was the only option. They told me Ford does not make a repair kit for our axles, not sure what your dealer is looking at.
Sponsored

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
That sucks my CV went last week took it to the dealer. axle came in 3 days later

Vince_SUE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Hi all,

I've exactly the same noise than Automativeaddicts when I turn slowly (when I turn on the right the sound is louder on left size and when I turn on the left the sound is louder on the right).

Is it confirm that this issue comes from the rear axle ?
Because I thought that it comes from the floating discs...

Thank for your answer
Vince

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Mine has had the same problem twice now. The first time the dealership just replaced the boot and filled with new grease. Predictably, this fixed nothing. Took it to a different dealer and they replaced the axle assembly. This fixed all noises, however the new one is slinging grease out on my wheel again after a couple thousand miles. Funny it’s the driver side on mine too.

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350; Previous: 2017 GT350, 2016 GT350, 2012 BMW 135i
Curious guys... sorry to bring this topic back up... but was this the sound? [ame]
I have that sound still coming from the driver's side rear. Did you determine what that was in the video? I've had the the hub assembly replaced and then both half shafts among a couple other tried adjustments but the sound has come back each time. It took 1000+ miles after replacing the axles but it came back. Is the clicking a noise from the two piece rotors?
Sponsored

Last edited: