Sponsored

Clicking noise when letting go of gas from slight acceleration

Stangpp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium
Hello everyone, So i bought a 2020 mustang gt premium with only 4000 miles on it, everything seemed fine until one day i decided to leave the door open to hear the motor start up and rev it. As i let go of the accelerator i can hear a rattle noise as the rpms start to decrease. Is this a bad thing? I took a video of it and ill post it along with this thread so yall can hear.

Here is the link to the youtibe video i made.

Also do you see the smoke and water coming out from the exhaust pipe? Is that normal?

Any info is appreciated
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...om-slight-acceleration-is-this-normal.130089/

Read this thread. It seems normal. If the sound is still there after having the temps up to operating, I would take it in just to have it documented in case something does go south. This way you can point to the record of you bringing this issue to your local dealership and have it covered under warranty in case this causes any engine problems

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
The blow-by of the exhaust under the car is a worry to me. I'd be taking it to Ford to have that checked out, as well as the rattle. Both issues may be intertwined.

OP
OP

Stangpp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium
The blow-by of the exhaust under the car is a worry to me. I'd be taking it to Ford to have that checked out, as well as the rattle. Both issues may be intertwined.

Thats for sure i did t think that was normal at all, im taking it to ford hopefully they can figure this mess of a car out.

OP
OP

Stangpp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...om-slight-acceleration-is-this-normal.130089/

Read this thread. It seems normal. If the sound is still there after having the temps up to operating, I would take it in just to have it documented in case something does go south. This way you can point to the record of you bringing this issue to your local dealership and have it covered under warranty in case this causes any engine problems

Ive read that discussion and i did see a few people saying that it was normal, but i wasnt sure that they had the same problem as i did.

Im taking it to ford next week to have it inspected
Sponsored