Clicking in the rear wheels GT350

Scrosby1360

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby gt 350
Has anyone ever experienced a clicking noise coming from the rear wheels on your Shelby? The noise is continuous while driving and only does it when you are cornering. Thanks
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Halfshaft nuts tight?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Pretty common, although I’m not 100% sure what the fix is as i got rid of mine. I want to say some bearings were at fault, but hopefully someone with better mechanics knowledge will chime in.

I could really hear mine turning at low speeds with window down

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Before you go into parts that are worn out or need replacing, start with the easiest. Jack the car up, take the wheels completely off, put them back on and torque them down to 150lb/ft

I have gotten that clicking every once in a while since I bought the car over the past 4 years and re-mounting the wheels fixed it for me every single time.

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have the same problem coming from my left rear, sounds like a bbq igniter when i turn right at higher speeds. Dealership has no clue what it is and they assumed its the 2 piece rotor. I dont feel like paying to replace rotors/pads with 15k miles just to try and get rid of the sound, with no guarantee. They checked everything and nothing is broken/loose (I haven't checked myself)

For random, I noticed that the sound goes away temporarily after power washing the wheel. Once it dries the sound comes back.

Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
had that same sound in my left rear. Finally got the dealership to replace the hub assembly. Noise has been gone since, about 400 miles.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My experience with this was that I was hearing this sound mostly when I didn't mount my R wheels. I took to the dealer, they had no clue, they could hear it while going in a circle and loading the car slightly. Once I gave up and put the carbon wheels back on and torqued to spec. No noise. Anyway, my story was torquing to spec. Whenever I torqued less than 130, I was getting the sound. I know it sounds silly, but I racked the car twice and could not see anything that would make this sound. It seems brake related, like when there's a bit more play in the tolerances, it drags and makes a pad drag a bit. Not sure, just offering my experience. :-)

adherrera722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adison
Vehicle(s)
17' Shelby GT350
Had the same issue after a track day. Dealer replaced one rear wheel bearing and the noise disappeared.

MButler51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible, 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 1972 Chev K10 4x4 pickup (bought new).
Has anyone ever experienced a clicking noise coming from the rear wheels on your Shelby? The noise is continuous while driving and only does it when you are cornering. Thanks
I’m going to suspect improper wheel lug nut torque.

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I had a click click click on acceleration in my 2016 that randomly showed up. dealer could not replicate but after removing and re torquing the rear wheels it was gone

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
From past experience with other cars, clicking when turning is usually always a wheel bearing. Easy fix.

adherrera722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adison
Vehicle(s)
17' Shelby GT350
I will say mine didnt start until after my first track day. Got the thermostat stuck in the open position as well. Haha

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If it happens when you start/reverse, it's likely the half shaft. I had one go out on me at about 7k miles.
Sponsored