Sponsored

Click When shifting

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I've searched the forums to no avail
On my 2016 GTPP I get a click (felt sometimes heard) when shifting shifting from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. Is the the notchyness everyone talks about?

The "click" is audible when cold and usually associated with a wee bit of syncro nibble. when warm (after 10+ miles) the click is only felt through the shifter, never happens when down shifting (yes I revmatch). When slowly going into 4th from third it sometimes feels like the car is pulling the shifter into 4th gear. I have no issues staying in gear. the problem started around 800 miles i now have 1800 miles.

definitely more prevalent when when casually shifting.

Car is stock besides a steada trans bushing

Pretty sure this is not the "thud" many hear, I have that and understand it normal

I'm not sure if this is typical of the mt-82 being normal or if its a warranty issue
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the notchi-ness that we all experience.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
change transmission fluid out to a better one, got rid of a lot of the notchiness when I used Royal Purple

OP
OP

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Update: noise going into third nearly gone but noise going into 4th in much worse i cringe everytime it happens, definitely a short grind. Problem is it's intermittent so it will be fun to convince the dealer something is wrong. I want to do a fluid swap but I dont want to void warranty coverage on the transmission. I'll keep updating as this progresses

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have a 2016 with 923 miles. Dealer trade with 390 miles on delivery. Been driving for 12 days and the shifting has become very notchy. No hard driving, just casual mixed driving with max rpm shifts at 3k. Doesn't matter if it's in the morning or driving all afternoon. Will this get any better with break in? If I install the MGW shifter and BG fluid will that eliminate it? I just want it gone. 4-5-6 is good.

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Will this get any better with break in? If I install the MGW shifter and BG fluid will that eliminate it? I just want it gone. 4-5-6 is good.
I'm at 12k miles and installed the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and trans mount bushing a few weeks ago. While it is WORLDS better than stock, I have just a slight bit of shifting stiffness when the transmission is cold. I've still got the OEM trans fluid, but switching to Royal Purple when I do my oil change next week.

I think in the end, it's just an overall lack of quality in the MT-82.
Sponsored