Sponsored

Clearance under sills?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Could a few of you do me a favour? My Mustang is about 5 weeks away and I've been busy getting parts ready for the big day. I'm thinking of buying a Quickjack to make installing all this as well as regular servicing a lot easier (I always hate putting a car up on stands).

Could a few members take a couple of measurements for me? I'm after the clearance under the side sills, specifically the jacking points but also any point along the side that may be lower than those points so I can confirm the Quickjack will fit under the car. So if someone could measure the car at standard ride height and also someone with it lowered at least 1" I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure the Quickjack will fit but if the larger model will fit I'd prefer that so it could also be used with the 4WD.

Thanks in advance :cheers:
Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
A kinchrome 3500kg low profile jack fits no problem, they are on sale at super cheap as well.

A stock mustang isn't that low

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Thought I had better answer this as I am probably the only guy here who hasn't lowered their car! :)

The jacking points on the sills are the lowest point, about 145mm front, 175mm rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Thanks for that, heaps of room then. Thought that would be the case but wanted to be sure once it was lowered it'd still be OK as they're not especially cheap.
Sponsored