CJPP H-pipe good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Just got off the phone w/CJPP and they took care of me. Thanks for standing behind it and making it right guys!
Sponsored

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
CJPP took care of me over a quick call this AM.

I certainly appreciate their handling of this issue, I certainly didn't expect that level of service.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
I am really glad you are all getting taken care of and we are able to resolve this quickly.

I just wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Reading through the thread this morning made me feel like the townspeople were gathering with their torches and pitchforks, lol.

I truly do understand the frustration. I am an enthusiast too and at one time a customer to many of the companies on this site.

For anyone still reading this, in the future - PLEASE reach out to us directly. PM me, email our staff, call us, post in our section or tag me in a post.

We honestly want to make sure stuff like this is nipped in the bud the moment it shows itself.

Sponsored

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
I looked at that. How is the quality of that H pipe?
It is far superior to the build quality of the price-minded aluminized private label version that was responsible for the start of this thread, lol.

It is easily one of, if not the, best selling exhaust component that we offer on the site.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Hi CJ, is that your specific car in your sig? Do you have more pics aside from scanning through the instagram? Also, how did you do your side skirts (don't know what else to call them). Vinyl? Paint? Plastidip?

Brakes powder coated or caliper paint? Looks awesome.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Hi CJ, is that your specific car in your sig? Do you have more pics aside from scanning through the instagram? Also, how did you do your side skirts (don't know what else to call them). Vinyl? Paint? Plastidip?

Brakes powder coated or caliper paint? Looks awesome.
Yes. We worked with Ford to build that car and debut it at SEMA in November of 2016. All the information about that car can be found HERE.

The side splitters and brake calipers were powder-coated a color called "Acid Green". It is actually a Porsche color.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yes. We worked with Ford to build that car and debut it at SEMA in November of 2016. All the information about that car can be found HERE.

The side splitters and brake calipers were powder-coated a color called "Acid Green". It is actually a Porsche color.
These wheels are so HOT!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just to be clear, the expectation is that the holes to the H section should be pretty close to the size of the pipe, right?
From what I've known in the past yes it IS the expectation. I recalled factory corvettes used an h pipe and they changed to a smaller diameter pipe reducing the effect of the H but affecting the resonance and sound. So in my opinion. This stuff would need to be tested but this H pipe could potentially work better for resonance and sound /popping etc or it may not. Interesting stuff.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am really glad you are all getting taken care of and we are able to resolve this quickly.

I just wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Reading through the thread this morning made me feel like the townspeople were gathering with their torches and pitchforks, lol.

I truly do understand the frustration. I am an enthusiast too and at one time a customer to many of the companies on this site.

For anyone still reading this, in the future - PLEASE reach out to us directly. PM me, email our staff, call us, post in our section or tag me in a post.

We honestly want to make sure stuff like this is nipped in the bud the moment it shows itself.
I gotta say, this thread is a reason I reconsidered some of my purchases from your site recently. I went with another vendor because I didn't know how bad other products were. With that said, this has definitely made me reconsider. This is a great way to do business and something I can respect.

Your options are somewhat limited, but please consider trying the MRT Stainless Steel Resonator Delete H-Pipe.
:thumbsup: I'll add this to my list of parts.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Someone should emails Burns and ask them what they think. The crossover holes can be various sizes and tuned to different effects. To think its a fail because the holes are small .. im not so sure.
This is true ... perhaps the holes were that way for a subjectively better sound?? Remember, there's no exhaust flow through those crossover holes.

What's the consensus on the change in tone from those that have done it?

CJPP: if you're selling the old returned ones cheap, let me know as I'll take a chance on one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.