Sponsored

CJ Pony Parts Recapitalization; were they in trouble?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Maybe the recent endless customer service complaints got to them? Looks like they are working with Century Park to recapitalize.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210405005473/en/Century-Park-Recapitalizes-CJ-Pony-Parts

From my own limited personal experience with CJPP, i tried them for the first time 3 weeks ago on an item that was 'in stock'; once ordered it instantly went to back ordered and i have yet to receive it.
Yep, Crappy Service and they don't back up their Quality. SAD, USED THEM ONCE LAST YEAR AND THEY SCREWED ME WITH A DEFECTIVE Drake Rear Lid. Just another cheap price of Chinese crap.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Look ive never had any issue with CJPP or AM or Steeda, or lethal or levvitown. I think in general, all these websites have their stuff together. stuff does happen, I think one of my parts was missing some bolts, CJPP kicked me back like 20 bucks, (was my idea) and I went and bought stainless bolts and stuff.

vs them having to reship it all back, get me a new set etc. didn't have any complaints at all. if you ask for shirts, pretty much they toss in shirts for free too for me. (AM does this for me often) but since my cars done, I havnt ordered anything.

Levittown is for all my oem parts, steeda/lmr/etc for aftermarkets, CJPP/AM for mainstream aftermarket stuff.

havnt been let down really

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
commercial loans come due every couple years and with 2020 product sell thru probably tanked. If you can't make the balloon payment (99.99% can't) then they roll the debt. But bank probably balked. So they got an 'angel' investor to save the business but ceded some fraction of ownership and control.

Now they probably have supplier issues where they can't get product from Chyna landed at the ports even if they might have the orders in hand or reasonably expected. There's gonna be another 6 months of suck, before things start to glide back to 'normal'.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Look ive never had any issue with CJPP or AM or Steeda, or lethal or levvitown
Yeah I never had problems with American Muscle / Team Beefcake Racing / or local Ford dealerships.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I never had problems with American Muscle / Team Beefcake Racing / or local Ford dealerships.
I have gotten some amazing deals from CJPP or AM too, their open box's. Ie. those engine cover things that extend from radiator. They are like 100+ bucks, they had open box for like 80. they was out of stock for new ones.

I said the reviews are bad about the chaffing the hood and scratching / rubbing paint. Guy said, how about 30 bucks and you can have the last one? im like GAME. been rocking them with no issues.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Look ive never had any issue with CJPP or AM or Steeda, or lethal or levvitown.
You've gotten exceptionally lucky, or have low expectations 🤣 only kidding, it's great you haven't had issues.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I've never had an issue with them either
Stuff ships fast and shipping prices to Canada aren't rediculous.

I've had to cancel orders as well and they've had no problem doing that either.

Just like any business it depends who's driving the ship that day. One bad employee(s) can make it seem like an entire company is garbage.

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've used AM for years... and always had good service. I just used CJPP this last week for the first time and I didn't have any trouble either.

All around: this is definitely not good for the mustang aftermarket. Glad they were saved this time, but ideally they wouldn't have needed saving...

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have gotten some amazing deals from CJPP or AM too, their open box's. Ie. those engine cover things that extend from radiator. They are like 100+ bucks, they had open box for like 80. they was out of stock for new ones.

I said the reviews are bad about the chaffing the hood and scratching / rubbing paint. Guy said, how about 30 bucks and you can have the last one? im like GAME. been rocking them with no issues.
Buying product from a Company means nothing, What matter most is, when you have a problem with a manufactured product, now what happens next is the most important part, Does the company refund or replace your defective product when they are contacted? Are they reachable or do you play phone tag all day without resolve. That's when you find out the quality and reliability of that company.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Buying product from a Company means nothing, What matter most is, when you have a problem with a manufactured product, now what happens next is the most important part, Does the company refund or replace your defective product when they are contacted? Are they reachable or do you play phone tag all day without resolve. That's when you find out the quality and reliability of that company.
but to order as much as I have, and get packages in working order, with no damage. says something about its general packing/delivery and quality of items.

I know others have issues, but if someone was to ask me to rate them, I cant say anything bad. its been perfect for me and the order or two that was not, they fixed for me. which also goes with your comment.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've had really good luck with CJ PP and that's where I buy most often. I'm glad they are still around. I hope they will stay in business.

I really haven't had trouble when buying from the aftermarket. Every company I've worked with has been quite good. I'd love lower prices, but other than that, no issues.

I used to have a really good local dealer to buy Ford Performance stuff as well - Autonation White Bear Lake. It really sucks that they no longer sell FP parts.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
but to order as much as I have, and get packages in working order, with no damage. says something about its general packing/delivery and quality of items.

I know others have issues, but if someone was to ask me to rate them, I cant say anything bad. its been perfect for me and the order or two that was not, they fixed for me. which also goes with your comment.
Well, I have ordered over 15k in parts for my car in the last 9 months, so I have bought quite a few packages myself. But only one $175 part from CJ. Just saying.
Sponsored