Sponsored

CJ Pony Parts Recapitalization; were they in trouble?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have ordered over 15k in parts for my car in the last 9 months, so I have bought quite a few packages myself. But only one $175 part from CJ. Just saying.
I spent about 7k in 2 years. still a lot of packages from all the different vendors without any hiccups. so I think everyones doing pretty darn good from my view! but there's always that one unlucky sob who gets a package who is ran over by a semi, several times, and then has bad experience returning/replacing.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I spent about 7k in 2 years. still a lot of packages from all the different vendors without any hiccups. so I think everyones doing pretty darn good from my view! but there's always that one unlucky sob who gets a package who is ran over by a semi, several times, and then has bad experience returning/replacing.
I spent over $15k in the last 11 months on my mustang, with one part, a GT350 Aluminum hood, which arrived crushed, and it was immediately replaced by AM, but on another note, I bought only one part for $175 from CJ. Huge mistake they made. I also have budgeted over 14k this winter for FI system and associated mods. Just saying. Companies who treat their customers like crap will ultimately go out of business. On a side note: I have zero dealings personally with any of these companies, so I'm giving facts of business dealings I have had to help others with making the right choices.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I spent over $15k in the last 11 months on my mustang, with one part, a GT350 Aluminum hood, which arrived crushed, and it was immediately replaced by AM, but on another note, I bought only one part for $175 from CJ. Huge mistake they made. I also have budgeted over 14k this winter for FI system and associated mods. Just saying. Companies who treat their customers like crap will ultimately go out of business. On a side note: I have zero dealings personally with any of these companies, so I'm giving facts of business dealings I have had to help others with making the right choices.
here's another thing, word of mouth means a lot, if you get too many people saying bad experiences people will stop or won't even try to buy form said company. but if 99% of people have good rep, id trust the consensus. also recent reviews vs old etc. a lot of things we see and not pay attention to but it does change our opinions even though we never used a company before.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
here's another thing, word of mouth means a lot, if you get too many people saying bad experiences people will stop or won't even try to buy form said company. but if 99% of people have good rep, id trust the consensus. also recent reviews vs old etc. a lot of things we see and not pay attention to but it does change our opinions even though we never used a company before.
The odd thing is, we talked numerous times, emailed back and forth numerous times and they just stopped, wouldn't give me a RO to replace. And then 3 weeks ago someone from CJ emailed me asking to comment on my recent parts order. I re-Told my story and Walla, no response. Sorry, POS in my book. For a measly $175 they lost so much business, and I am just one person. But yes, bad service does get around and word of mouth is great for putting these companies on notice.
Sponsored