CJ Pony Parts Rant

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Hey guys not sure if this allowed or not.
I am having my second issue with a well known parts distributor. I call and email and nothing. I normally buy some where else, but do to their mistake last time, I had a coupon code that made them substantially cheaper. Not to mention when they messed up the last time the customer service rep hung up on me. I get emails saying, with in 48 hours someone will reach out.

So let’s get to it. I am missing some parts due to poor packaging. I call no response, I email no response. I have never had this issue with any supplier before. I know I should have paid the extra money and got them straight from Steeda, who has a real person answer the phone, awesome!!!

So my question is who had had these types of issues with a distributor before? I will never buy from them again! I will pay extra money for quality support from people such as LMR, Steeda, Beefcake, and Lethal. All of these guys do a great job even if you do not purchase from them.

Sorry just had to get this off my mind I spent over $2500 in suspension mods and I cannot get any support for itemsmissing due to open packaging because of a failure to package it correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Is it a steeda product? Try calling steeda, discuss with them the supplier that sold you their brand and isnt willing to take care of you. See if that gets you anywhere

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
If it was me, Id say who it was. Maybe get their attention on this forum. Most of the suppliers have someone on here...
If I don’t hear something in the next 2 days, I will. I try to give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice, shame on you.
You may not wish too but if they don t come thru you can name the company. That s a benefit of a forum like this. It can save others the aggravation .

Hey, we have the same sig pic, LOL.
Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice, shame on you.
You may not wish too but if they don t come thru you can name the company. That s a benefit of a forum like this. It can save others the aggravation .

Hey, we have the same sig pic, LOL.
Good luck.
Oh I completely agree

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
I know exactly who it is. Does the name start with a "T" and end with an "A"?
Again no. Lol I know the suspense is killing everyone. It is CJ Pony, we will just put it out there.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Again no. Lol I know the suspense is killing everyone. It is CJ Pony, we will just put it out there.
CJ has been better to deal with than AM in my experience. But hopefully you can get satisfaction in a timely fashion.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Do you know if it was drop shipped or from their warehouse?
I feel like COVID has caused the collapse of drop shipping, but its only a gut feeling. Situations like this can cause parties to point the finger at each other and leave the customer hanging.

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Do you know if it was drop shipped or from their warehouse?
I feel like COVID has caused the collapse of drop shipping, but its only a gut feeling. Situations like this can cause parties to point the finger at each other and leave the customer hanging.
It was on the packing slip. And the box with a sway bar in it was open, no doubt, due to the fact of the sway bar weight. Fed Ex put 5 tape strips on it but that didn’t help

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I know exactly who it is. Does the name start with a "T" and end with an "A"?
while on the subject of it rhymes with 'T' and starts with 'P'

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
So far (only a short time) both AM and CJ have treated me well. Purchases and returns went just as planned. I am not fond of CJs need to have every return photographed before issuing an RMA

But they did take care of business properly.

Not to make excuses for any of them. But in these times things can go bad quick for a business. Especially in the customer service department.
I had mine at the dealership recently for the shock tower bushing/bearing replacement under warranty. The tech quit!!.

They had to give me my car back and reschedule. I have to hand it to my service writer for being honest about it. Russell Smith Ford in Houston has been very good so far.
Sponsored

Last edited: