CJ Parts GT350 knob not fitting

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I got the gt350 shift knob from CJ annnnnd it doesn’t fit right I can’t get it tightened down to where it’s not allowing the reverse lock out to work...as high up as I got to have it, it’s uncomfortable and extremely tall at that point...I noticed it had a red like plastic piece on the inside held on by couple screws so I tried removing it to see if it helped and it didn’t...anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
You may have bought the one for the GT350 not the GT/Ecoboost .the one I got from AM using the lock nut works just fine.
20170715_133606.jpg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I got the gt350 shift knob from CJ annnnnd it doesn’t fit right I can’t get it tightened down to where it’s not allowing the reverse lock out to work...as high up as I got to have it, it’s uncomfortable and extremely tall at that point...I noticed it had a red like plastic piece on the inside held on by couple screws so I tried removing it to see if it helped and it didn’t...anyone else run into this?
Im not really understanding what issue you’re having. It doesn’t go down far enough to cover the lock out? Or once it’s down there, the lock out won’t pull up?

OP
OP
lootinleoni

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Im not really understanding what issue you’re having. It doesn’t go down far enough to cover the lock out? Or once it’s down there, the lock out won’t pull up?
Once it’s down lockout won’t come up enough to go into reverse like it comes up but just not enough...

Sponsored

OP
OP
lootinleoni

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did you take the little metal ring out? It’s inside where the lock out collar would slide into
Yep.... I dunno I’m not freaking out about anymore I’m going to end up doing a shifter on it soon anyways soo I’ll worry about it after that...thanks though :like:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep.... I dunno I’m not freaking out about anymore I’m going to end up doing a shifter on it soon anyways soo I’ll worry about it after that...thanks though :like:
In CJPP’s video, I think they mention something about it not being straight or being down too far for the lock out. So they recommend backing it off a few turns until the lockout works, then put a little blue loctite and let it sit for a while