Sponsored

Chris Harris did not like the GT350R!

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
a Ferrari-like V8 in a reliable and relatively comfortable vehicle that can be serviced at your local Ford dealership is a good thing. you have to remember as an automotive journalist the actual ownership experience doesn't always come into play in his opinion. like all the youtube videos about "what car to buy under $xx,xxx" where people suggest 20 year old aston martins that will obviously be a nightmare to actually own, but have lots of other cool things going for them
Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
In all honesty, who gives a sh_t what this guy thinks? The GT350 is undoubtedly one of the best American sports cars of all time. Any “legit” auto expert would concur. It’s still beating newly engineered cars (ahem Supra) even though the platform is 5 years old. Enough said.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
This is my 3rd Mustang , in a family of Fords...

I always say this is the first Mustang Ford built that lives up to its looks , and can really keep up with all of my friends' 'imported' machinery... I am on the coast after all. :)

Frankly I was at a BMW CCA event with one of my friends last year and all the m3 guys were checking out the 350 , the usual lines: "O I've never liked american cars but this one..." and all this pseudo cross shopping is hilarious to me...

I'm like right ... either you get these cars or you don't.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Best line from an interview with Jamal Hemedi that I may be paraphrasing is "this is the Mustang that I've always wanted to build." Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also Matt Farah said that "if Porsche were to build a Mustang, the GT350 would be it." Bottom line for me is that I love the car and am glad that I got one!

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
My Ford Performance friend has mentioned that the chassis development team really loved how the base car rode and handled. I've never driven one, but I'm curious. It's really odd they didn't offer the coolers as a standalone option in the initial years.
I did drive the base 2016 car (in fact that was the first 350 I ever drove) and it was a blast. That old school non magneride suspension is set up as good as it gets (if it was not so good I would not have bought 350s lol).

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what you buy you can’t please everybody! No one car can please every person on the planet. I went from a ZO6 to a Roush RS3 and then added the GT350 to my garage. There are some Corvette guys that just can’t believe I went from a Vette to Mustangs. I could care less what they or Chis Harris thinks! When I get in the Shelby and push the start button and it rocks to life and then flick the muffler switch the content feeling I get might not happen to someone else, I get that! The Shelby sound, looks, steering and brake feeling makes me want to go around the block one more time before I put it back in the garage! I am more then pleased with the Shelby and I’m really looking forward to when all the guys on this site that are waiting for their cars to come in finally take delivery! Then they’ll know Chris Harris’s opinion doesn’t mean crap!

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m “European” and also owns a fully modified track V8 M3, so I can compare.

and yes my GT350 stands up quite well in front of the M3. Of course now with 30k mods in the M3 it’s more capable (it’s also fully emptied so weight is lower).

but comparing both stock (I did 100kkm with the M3 and 60kkm with the Shelby) the Shelby is far superior coming out of the factory.
Biggest weakness on the M3 are the brakes (took me 2 laps to burn the brakes on the track and we ended up with 2 pilots using the Shelby for rest of day).

I’m a big fan of the old days Reviews of Chris Harry’s, but remember he also owns (or used to) a ZL1, so he’s biased for sure haha !

The way I summarise the Gt350? Best of both worlds, the look of a muscle car with EU track car capabilities (or higher), NA manual setup impossible to find anymore.
In a way it’s a 500hp V8 M3 with an exotic (EU point of view) look.

yeah you got it, not selling it :)

Last edited:

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Chris Harris is a British snob that predominantly drives German cars. We have elitist Americans here in Seattle that aspire to be exactly like him. They pretend to love soccer, only drink IPAs and German beers that cost $15 a pint, and they absolutely hate anyone that tells them their Ford or Chevy is as fast as their BMW M4/3/2 CS XYZ alphabet soup car. I once had one of these guys tell me my 2011 Shelby ”wasn’t a real Shelby” because it was new. To him, the only real Shelby’s were made in the 1960s. Chris Harris, and all of those British assholes on that show, are of the same ilk. Jeremy Clarkson, that other British douchebag that used to be on Fifth Gear, once said you had to marry your sister before you could buy a Mustang. What a fuck stick.

And for all of their received pronunciation tongue-in-cheek passive aggressive backwards compliments (because the British are too cowardly to just say they don’t like your car), the British have yet to build one single great car themselves. The MGA, for example, was a British-engineered piece of garbage. The engine came out of a farm tractor and the wooden floor boards would catch fire as you were driving down the road. Before anyone points to any these companies as shining examples of superb British engineering — McClaren, Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover all contract the engineering design of their cars to Germany.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Literally built an engine that sounds like a Ferrari 458 and then went and intentionally messed with the manifolds to make it sound like the pedestrian GT because "Mustang guys won't like a car that doesn't go burble-burble-burble". Then why develop the flat plane crank engine in the first place? I've never wanted to smack an engineer more in my life.
By staggering the exhaust primary lengths, you also make a wider power band. There's a legitimate reason for doing this.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Dug up a thread from December 2019 and no post since June to let your inner hatred flow.

Someone had a shitty new years eve didn't they?
Please understand that we haven’t seen the sun for two months up in the Pacific North Wet” 😬 so some of us get seasonal disorders. So it’s hard to throw sunshine at some thoughts. When we get over 46 degrees and sunshine, also the rocks that are thrown on to our roads to break up the ice are brushed away , out whole outlooks change 😂 happy new year

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There's a Road and Track article about the development of the new Predator engine and they talk about the Voodoo engine and it's sound from Ford and they made a similar comment.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-mustang-shelby-gt500-the-right-kind-of-loud/

Literally built an engine that sounds like a Ferrari 458 and then went and intentionally messed with the manifolds to make it sound like the pedestrian GT because "Mustang guys won't like a car that doesn't go burble-burble-burble". Then why develop the flat plane crank engine in the first place? I've never wanted to smack an engineer more in my life.
I love what they did with it. The 458 doesn’t sound nearly as good as the voodoo. Even the new z06 FPC motor sounds boring in comparison. Every FPC v8 sounds similar except the voodoo and maybe the P1. Even the Ferrari and Porsche drivers i meet in the mountain think it sounds awesome. The voodoo will go down as one of the best sounding motors of all time.

Chris Harris is a British snob that predominantly drives German cars. We have elitist Americans here in Seattle that aspire to be exactly like him. They pretend to love soccer, only drink IPAs and German beers that cost $15 a pint, and they absolutely hate anyone that tells them their Ford or Chevy is as fast as their BMW M4/3/2 CS XYZ alphabet soup car. I once had one of these guys tell me my 2011 Shelby ”wasn’t a real Shelby” because it was new. To him, the only real Shelby’s were made in the 1960s. Chris Harris, and all of those British assholes on that show, are of the same ilk. Jeremy Clarkson, that other British douchebag that used to be on Fifth Gear, once said you had to marry your sister before you could buy a Mustang. What a fuck stick.

And for all of their received pronunciation tongue-in-cheek passive aggressive backwards compliments (because the British are too cowardly to just say they don’t like your car), the British have yet to build one single great car themselves. The MGA, for example, was a British-engineered piece of garbage. The engine came out of a farm tractor and the wooden floor boards would catch fire as you were driving down the road. Before anyone points to any these companies as shining examples of superb British engineering — McClaren, Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover all contract the engineering design of their cars to Germany.
He has a z28 and loves American value. He isn’t wrong with many of his reviews... I was just shocked he didn’t like it because I’m a German car guy and I love my 350. He’s also shit on some characteristics of British and German cars.

McClaren has designed their own shit since going completely in-house since 2007 (beginning of mp4-12c development) and Ilmor and Ricardo, both British companies, help them build their cars. Not sure where you’re getting your info.
Sponsored