Sponsored

Choice of 2018 GT or 2019 GT

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Additionally, when you test drove the car, was it doing the SAME thing, or?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
I didnt really push it during the test drive.

Not paddle shifting no.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A shame. At least you know to do so, for the next time.
In the interim, I suggest scheduling to take it in next week, and have them give you a loaner (or a ride home). Once fixed, during a test drive, push the car the same day before 'accepting' it.

PS: I believe some companies have a 3 day return rule on cars. So, be very sure you want to keep it!

I didnt really push it during the test drive.

Not paddle shifting no.

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As a technical guy, I tend to solve the initial issue first, before adding/removing something, that may complicate things.
I strongly feel a return of the car, and starting fresh is recommended. Rather soon for a transmission issue already. Who knows what else lies beneath. Alas, if the dealer is welcoming and offering good service, then, carry on.

Could it be I put bigger wheels and tires on?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I forgot if Kansas has the 3-day return rule or not...but I would go in and have them sign something in writing that the car is not working correctly and you want to return it. Then if you really want to keep it, have them write up something to the effect it will be fixed to your satisfaction or you will be relieved of the obligation to buy the car and your/banks note is terminated.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
SPOT ON!

I forgot if Kansas has the 3-day return rule or not...but I would go in and have them sign something in writing that the car is not working correctly and you want to return it. Then if you really want to keep it, have them write up something to the effect it will be fixed to your satisfaction or you will be relieved of the obligation to buy the car and your/banks note is terminated.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I highly doubt it. To many options (2018 GT with magneride, active exhaust, pp1 and nav) and to low in mileage. I'm betting this was an executive car.
My thinking as well

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Is the car brand new with virtually 0 miles or close? The trans go through an adaptive learning process and can be rough during that period. Put the shifter in S as its a 300A car so no drive modes. Once in Sport Mode give it hell and see how it behaves. D is very sluggish feeling hence why I never use it unless I'm toggled into at least Sport + Mode.
Sponsored