Sponsored

Chip shortage to last until at least 2025...

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Chip Shortage will not go away for a long time. My guess is that all F150 and Broncos will rust and degrade sitting unfinished around the country before they get chips and modules.
BTW- may not matter if the war goes into nuclear conflict.

Neon_gas.jpg
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
They need to make cars without the chip. :like:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
the chicoms aren't hoarding so much as they aren't pathologically stupid like USA/west is. When you have your own domestic supply you can give priority to your own needs. Rail in this country is a idiotic pursuit and only done as a public works debacle and make-work for unions.

auto chips are ~same as cell phone chips. The cell phone guys pay better and aren't so STUPID like Ford et. al. were to have given up their production slots.

The problem is for all the screaming this is just a pig in a python. And with war in the offing and a MAJOR economic collapse also in the cards, all that brand spanking new chip capacity to the tune of 5-30 billion dollars will suddenly have far less orders and be uneconomical. Then what? Bailouts?

We absolutely need domestic manufacturing back and in size - no offense to the Taiwans of the world. But it remains to be seen if we have the spine to actually see it through.
The Chip shortage is just a means to justify the end results. Increase MSRP of cars by 40% and the other countless price increases all justified by "Chip Shortage"

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Chip Shortage will not go away for a long time. My guess is that all F150 and Broncos will rust and degrade sitting unfinished around the country before they get chips and modules.
BTW- may not matter if the war goes into nuclear conflict.

Neon_gas.jpg
If it goes nuclear it's not our problem anymore, lol.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ive had a motorcycle on order for 6 months now. it'll be 9 months by time I get it. im not canceling, because like you guys said. its possible this shortage gets worst and prices raise to reflect scarcity.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
ive had a motorcycle on order for 6 months now. it'll be 9 months by time I get it. im not canceling, because like you guys said. its possible this shortage gets worst and prices raise to reflect scarcity.
It will take years to get back to some sort of normal at this rate, but even then I think the end game is us not being able to buy a lot of the stuff we used to be able to.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Bring back vacuum tubes and carburetors! 😜

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
How about the 17 Billion chip factory Samsung just said they will build in Texas. The so called chip shortage is an excuse for car manufacturers to charge ridiculous car prices. But until people stop throwing the check books to dealers paying these high prices, the chip shortage will never end.
Tell me you have 0 idea how long it takes to build/get a fab in production/start getting sellable output with out telling me you have 0 idea.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Tell me you have 0 idea how long it takes to build/get a fab in production/start getting sellable output with out telling me you have 0 idea.
Well I know I didn't drink the Coolade so I am sure not as long as the alarmist try to make it. I do know the Japan Renesas Chip Factory was back up and running at 110% since August 2021,
Well, I haven't drank the coolade so many alarmist have been chiding. I do know the Japanese Chip Factory Reneas was back up and running at 110% since August 2021, (https://www.reuters.com/technology/...lant-100-capacity-around-mid-june-2021-06-01/) and the ASML's Chip Factory will have Limited Impact on the Chip Shortage, (https://www.reuters.com/technology/...mining-impact-berlin-factory-fire-2022-01-07/) One could easily align the Dots and come to the conclusion that isn't it a TAD Bit strange that so many Chip Factories are having "FIRE" Issues, Just saying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DopamineQuest

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Well I know I didn't drink the Coolade so I am sure not as long as the alarmist try to make it. I do know the Japan Renesas Chip Factory was back up and running at 110% since August 2021,

Well, I haven't drank the coolade so many alarmist have been chiding. I do know the Japanese Chip Factory Reneas was back up and running at 110% since August 2021, (https://www.reuters.com/technology/...lant-100-capacity-around-mid-june-2021-06-01/) and the ASML's Chip Factory will have Limited Impact on the Chip Shortage, (https://www.reuters.com/technology/...mining-impact-berlin-factory-fire-2022-01-07/) One could easily align the Dots and come to the conclusion that isn't it a TAD Bit strange that so many Chip Factories are having "FIRE" Issues, Just saying.
The article is about TSMC, which just happens to account for 90% of all semiconductor production and output on the planet.

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Nothing like another good news article to cheer everyone up. Glad my 2018 only has 20K miles, his and hers Grand Cherokees in the garage, and a new Ram Rebel on the way. Now if I can only afford gasoline on a fixed income and the fridge and microwave don’t quit working, I should be good for awhile.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is one final chip to destroy....
terminator.gif

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Fixing a plant is a LOT different than building one up from scratch. Also that article is an ESTIMATE that it will eb online, not that it WAS online by mid June.

The 2nd article is about a company that supports chip makers, not an actual ship making plant.

PLEASE stop talking till you actually know anything about fabrication. It will just work to make you look smarter.
Sponsored