Sponsored

Chip shortage, now rubber shortage

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
pumping gas is not a career. sweeping floors is not a career. But picking up trash for NYC or poop and needles left by the homeless in SFO apparently pays massively well.

A business owner can only charge so much for a good or service. His 'help' is only worth as much incremental value as they produce. If the business owner can't make ends meet because the city/state has artificially fixed the cost of labor (just one of many upwardly ratcheting costs) he either jettisons workers or goes out of business.

Decrying the lack of a 'living wage' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) is the wrong target - the problem is first and foremost inflation, and secondarily a torrent of under-the-table labor force, nee illegals who depress wages.

absolutely. And yet '$15/hr' is going to put so many holes in that bucket of opportunity there won't BE any shots to be had.
We need to strive to give people living abilities not living wages. The wages
I was lucky getting out of high school, had manufacturing jobs that paid a living wage. I couldn’t afford college so went to tech school, studied electronics and worked an apprenticeship. Tradesmen are needed badly, machinist, electricians,mechanics etc. If you’re willing to work, there are good jobs out there.
pumping gas is not a career. sweeping floors is not a career. But picking up trash for NYC or poop and needles left by the homeless in SFO apparently pays massively well.

A business owner can only charge so much for a good or service. His 'help' is only worth as much incremental value as they produce. If the business owner can't make ends meet because the city/state has artificially fixed the cost of labor (just one of many upwardly ratcheting costs) he either jettisons workers or goes out of business.

Decrying the lack of a 'living wage' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) is the wrong target - the problem is first and foremost inflation, and secondarily a torrent of under-the-table labor force, nee illegals who depress wages, and thirdly importing 'slave-wage' products from overseas.

You want to talk about 'systemic' problems we got plenty. All the 'living wage' crap arises from trying to forcibly layer one more gov't edict on the thousand that came before it, which CAUSED the problem(s) in the first place and thinking this next one is actually going to fix it. It won't. IT NEVER HAS, IT NEVER WILL.

gan-Quote-The-most-terrifying-words-in-the-English.jpg

absolutely. And yet '$15/hr' is going to put so many holes in that bucket of opportunity there won't BE any shots to be had.
There needs to be a govt. sponsored sociologically and educationally based path to move people forward not an incentive to be a keeper of the minimum wage. Once that is in place, change will come. We actually already have it. It’s called the military. No one wants to do it, but they love to complain.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
We need to strive to give people living abilities not living wages. The wages

Yes there are.

There needs to be a govt. sponsored sociologically and educationally based path to move people forward not an incentive to be a keeper of the minimum wage. Once that is in place, change will come. We actually already have it. It’s called the military. No one wants to do it, but they love to complain.
My stepson joined the Army Reserves when he turned 17 for the tuition assistance they provide. He now goes to Virginia Military Institute and will graduate as an officer. Our military does provide opportunities.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My stepson joined the Army Reserves when he turned 17 for the tuition assistance they provide. He now goes to Virginia Military Institute and will graduate as an officer. Our military does provide opportunities.
The military helps remove cultural, educational and behavioral obstacles to success not to mention the fact that it builds character and promotes national unity.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Minimum/low wage jobs need to stay where they are. They are meant for teenage/college age kids while they are in school to better themselves. If you suddenly pay them 15 hr they will have no incentive to better themselves.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The military helps remove cultural, educational and behavioral obstacles to success not to mention the fact that it builds character and promotes national unity.
did. I don't know about now, post 2012 and even more so 2020

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Do you guys think I should trade in my Mustang while the value is good? KBB is saying my 16gt premium auto with 51k miles is worth 30-32k now (up from 23k a couple weeks ago). I had planned on ordering a Scat Pack since a couple places were saying they could do 4% under invoice, but if I did that I'm sure my 1k bonus coupon would expire before I got it (expires end of June). There are a few cars I found on the web that are close to what I would want as far as color and options, but not exact (two in WB, one in 50th edition, one in shaker and also one in 1320 with less options). Obviously I still can't decide on the trim for sure as I think I would like any of those. I was kind of leaning towards the 1320, but the one I found in the color I like is missing a couple options. BTW, all these were advertised at 4-8k off, but that may change soon d/t current conditions.

I was also considering waiting and possibly getting a Nissan Z around the first of next year or possibly getting another Musstang. I really wanted something different, but the local dealer has a nice looking antimatter blue 10 speed performance pack that is completely loaded. At 53k it is a little pricey, but with the recent used car value spike should be doable. BTW, I already have an extra wheel and tire set for the Mustang and one that would work for the Z for the winter. But if I get the Challenger I would have to get a set, although I've seen some used ones fairly cheap for sale at times.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I should trade in my Mustang while the value is good? KBB is saying my 16gt premium auto with 51k miles is worth 30-32k now (up from 23k a couple weeks ago). I had planned on ordering a Scat Pack since a couple places were saying they could do 4% under invoice,
Orissman Bowie MD had leftover 2020 Challenger R/T Scat M6 for nearly 20% off as of last week but looks like they sold. In this current climate 9% under MSRP is good. I would strike while the iron is hot.

Found some more Dodge with good prices
https://www.chryslerofculpeper.net/searchnew.aspx?Make=Dodge

Koons used to have good pricing but you can at least try.
https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-e26f66280a0e0a172e7d99f2bd4d2ab6.htm

local dealer has a nice looking antimatter blue 10 speed performance pack that is completely loaded. At 53k it is a little pricey
can your dealer do this?
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2021-Ford-Mustang-GT+Premium-1FA6P8CF5M5118256

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Do you guys think I should trade in my Mustang while the value is good? KBB is saying my 16gt premium auto with 51k miles is worth 30-32k now (up from 23k a couple weeks ago). I had planned on ordering a Scat Pack since a couple places were saying they could do 4% under invoice, but if I did that I'm sure my 1k bonus coupon would expire before I got it (expires end of June). There are a few cars I found on the web that are close to what I would want as far as color and options, but not exact (two in WB, one in 50th edition, one in shaker and also one in 1320 with less options). Obviously I still can't decide on the trim for sure as I think I would like any of those. I was kind of leaning towards the 1320, but the one I found in the color I like is missing a couple options. BTW, all these were advertised at 4-8k off, but that may change soon d/t current conditions.

I was also considering waiting and possibly getting a Nissan Z around the first of next year or possibly getting another Musstang. I really wanted something different, but the local dealer has a nice looking antimatter blue 10 speed performance pack that is completely loaded. At 53k it is a little pricey, but with the recent used car value spike should be doable. BTW, I already have an extra wheel and tire set for the Mustang and one that would work for the Z for the winter. But if I get the Challenger I would have to get a set, although I've seen some used ones fairly cheap for sale at times.
Did you realize that you posted on a thread about part shortages? You might get more answers in another thread.

And the answer to your question is really simple. If you can find something right now that you really, really want and it’s affordable, do it. Otherwise so enjoy your current car and wait until you can get what you really want.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
There’s balsa wood in the Vette? Who knew?
Been that way for some time. That is why those little sailplanes kids play with have gone up in price ................ It's GM's fault ! :crackup:

MikeDawg5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

Decrying the lack of a 'living wage' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) is the wrong target - the problem is first and foremost inflation, and secondarily a torrent of under-the-table labor force, nee illegals who depress wages, and thirdly importing 'slave-wage' products from overseas.

You want to talk about 'systemic' problems we got plenty. All the 'living wage' crap arises from trying to forcibly layer one more gov't edict on the thousand that came before it, which CAUSED the problem(s) in the first place and thinking this next one is actually going to fix it. It won't. IT NEVER HAS, IT NEVER WILL.

gan-Quote-The-most-terrifying-words-in-the-English.jpg

And here I thought NoVA/DMV ran out all the folks with any common sense and/or basic knowledge of economics.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been that way for some time. That is why those little sailplanes kids play with have gone up in price ................ It's GM's fault ! :crackup:
There’s balsa wood in the Vette? Who knew?
I guess if they can stuff plastic bags in new Mustang fenders.....:::

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Looks like a Morgan

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Orissman Bowie MD had leftover 2020 Challenger R/T Scat M6 for nearly 20% off as of last week but looks like they sold. In this current climate 9% under MSRP is good. I would strike while the iron is hot.

Found some more Dodge with good prices
https://www.chryslerofculpeper.net/searchnew.aspx?Make=Dodge

Koons used to have good pricing but you can at least try.
https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-e26f66280a0e0a172e7d99f2bd4d2ab6.htm

can your dealer do this?
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2021-Ford-Mustang-GT+Premium-1FA6P8CF5M5118256
Out of those, only the Gomango at Culpeper is close to what I'd like, but it doesn't have the plus package with the leather seats so its out (I know I'm picky). I did find a WB shaker that is totally loaded in Gomango for about 8k off, but think I'd really rather get Sinamon, Octane or maybe Hellraisin. IDK, I probably won't find a better deal so I may end up taking a look at it, but was really leaning towards a 1320 and would most likely have to order one if I wanted that trim and no telling how long it would take to get considering the current conditions.

BTW, to answer your question about the Mustang at Lindsay, no my dealer can't do that (I just checked and didn't realize they were trying to sell it at full MSRP, forget that). I also didn't realize that there were no current incentive on Mustang GT's. But then again, it is less than 10 miles away and I bet they would bend on the price a bit as I don't think its moved in a few weeks while the one at Lindsay is a half a day drive away for me.