Sponsored

Chip shortage, now rubber shortage

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There is a paint shortage also. Just at Sherwin Williams and was advised. The chip shortage is actually a LOT worse than people realize. There are companies that simply cannot get any products for their customers. Where is this administration on this issue?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is a paint shortage also. Just at Sherwin Williams and was advised. The chip shortage is actually a LOT worse than people realize. There are companies that simply cannot get any products for their customers. Where is this administration on this issue?
Took 2 seconds to look this up. It has been on the news as well. Are you seriously trying to make this a political issue?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bide...s-a-great-first-step-intel-ceo-174135668.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/12/chip-shortage-president-biden-481079

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Shortages on everything from lumber to chips and all blamed on the pandemic. As prices zoom on these goods and don't come down to where they were before the shortages, we can blame the resulting inflation on the virus too, and not the fact that we are printing money and giving it away like no tomorrow.
Side note: At least today's cars don't have wooden floorboards, with the exception of the balsa wood in the 'vette.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not political. I am making an issue of the government (who just happens to be JB at this time), to recognize that this disaster is now beyond the restaurant and hospitality industries and there needs to be some intervention in effort to bridge the gap in these under supplied industries or risk a much deeper issue.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shortages on everything from lumber to chips and all blamed on the pandemic. As prices zoom on these goods and don't come down to where they were before the shortages, we can blame the resulting inflation on the virus too, and not the fact that we are printing money and giving it away like no tomorrow.
Side note: At least today's cars don't have wooden floorboards, with the exception of the balsa wood in the 'vette.
There’s balsa wood in the Vette? Who knew?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not political. I am making an issue of the government (who just happens to be JB at this time), to recognize that this disaster is now beyond the restaurant and hospitality industries and there needs to be some intervention in effort to bridge the gap in these under supplied industries or risk a much deeper issue.
OK, I understand. You said administration but you were questioning our government in general. I hear that. đź‘Ť

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There is a mismatch of money Vs. good available. It’s just basic supply and demand. Less money and more good is deflationary. More money than goods is inflationary.

There will most likely to be another stimulus bill this year including checks. That won’t help. The estimates on the chip shortage keep getting pushed out. I have seen some 2023 estimates. The reality is no one really knows.
I cant see another check happening, we cant afford it.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I cant see another check happening, we cant afford it.
This keep this bullshit up and we'll be getting checks for life. Keep it all closed down as well, we're screwed.
Prices are already out of control. Look at gas prices and food. Wow, food is getting expensive. LOL
Gas was 10 cents more for me today at Mobil for the truck. $3.40 a gallon for the 89 octane. Hello inflation!

I wonder if the commercial building/rental building go bust?!?!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
see boys and girls what happens when oil and petro-chemicals are interfered with? Oil is an absolutely VITAL pre-cursor to practically every aspect of modern-day living. And when some dumb-f*ck electrifies the pipelines in the name of emissions and the whole damn thing falls over, (instead of using the gas-driven mechanism that's worked beautifully for almost 100 years) you get chaos.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
see boys and girls what happens when oil and petro-chemicals are interfered with? Oil is an absolutely VITAL pre-cursor to practically every aspect of modern-day living. And when some dumb-f*ck electrifies the pipelines in the name of emissions and the whole damn thing falls over, (instead of using the gas-driven mechanism that's worked beautifully for almost 100 years) you get chaos.
Companies are now having to actually redesign existing equipment based on chip availability in order to supply installers/dealers/customers with equipment. These redesigns do not happen overnight. I’m wondering how this is going to pan out.....doesn’t look good.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Companies are now having to actually redesign existing equipment based on chip availability in order to supply installers/dealers/customers with equipment. These redesigns do not happen overnight. I’m wondering how this is going to pan out.....doesn’t look good.
ps5 is reducing the silicone from 7nm to 6nm (brings more power!) but its to reduce silicone use. wasn't supposed to be for 3 years, but they are doing it this fall/spring

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
We were buying all of our computer chips, medical stuff as well as everything else from China. What did anyone with half a Brain Cell think was going to happen. Daaa