Chevy takes a cheapshot at the Mustang 55 birthday with ad commercial

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It's not as much about brand loyalty as it is about hating GM. There are plenty of other auto brands that I like other than Ford. I have a Mazda 3 as a daily driver. At least Chrysler didn't have the nerve to say that they paid back the tax payer and their ads focus on their own product. Chevy actually has some nice vehicles, too bad they only focus on bashing other manufactures in their commercials.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's not as much about brand loyalty as it is about hating GM.
That right there is as good a way to distinguish when loyalty has crossed over into fanaticism as any.

Norm

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That right there is as good a way to distinguish when loyalty has crossed over into fanaticism as any.

Norm
I love how you leave out my next sentence of "There are plenty of other auto brands that I like other than Ford." Are you a CNN journalist or something? Other than Mustang I haven't been the biggest Ford fan lately. Just because I don't like GM doesn't mean that I'm automatically a fanatic of my Ford and Mazda. But if you are calling me a Mustang fanatic, well I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

Actually how about this, I'm a fanatic of any manufacturer that makes a quality vehicle for the price, doesn't rely on a marketing campaign that constantly rips on other products, and doesn't leach from the government.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sorry about the CNN comment. That was a low blow.
Don't worry about it - I didn't. I bring a pretty thick skin when I let myself get involved in the nontechnical stuff.

FWIW, I think fanaticism is when really liking something spills over into hating its competition.

Norm

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Don't worry about it - I didn't. I bring a pretty thick skin when I let myself get involved in the nontechnical stuff.

Norm
Thanks, I figured I should apologize since you and several others on here have helped me quite a bit with getting my car sorted out for track days.

FWIW, I think fanaticism is when really liking something spills over into hating its competition.

Norm
I can understand that point of view. Without further discussion one could make that assumption about my opinion.

On a side note, I have to admit I've met some new friends having wonderful battles on track with some 1LEs at Sebring lately.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I got a laugh out of it. all in good fun.

Not diggin' the 6.2 refresh though. I was just getting warmed up to the 6.1 and they go do that.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They almost got it right but they just missed it on the front end.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Made me laugh twice. Once for the ad being cute, and 2nd time at the hideous camaro . Cringe.

bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2015 GT/PP
Very much a party from 1964 - 1970
That party where only your fat friends from high school showed up 1971-1973
The party that no one ever admitted to attending but secretly did 1974-1978
The party where you reconnected with that ugly girl from high school that suddenly got hot later in life 1979-1993
The crappy 90's office Christmas party 1994-2004
The after party for that crappy 90's office Christmas party 2005-2010
The party where you wake up to Mike Tyson riding a tiger on the ceiling while farting skittles 2011-2019

Mustang doesn't need the Camaro.
The Camaro needs the Mustang.
I fixed it for you. :like:

It was a clever commercial and pretty damned funny but I wholeheartedly agree with your statement.

Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
lol, all in good fun.

I actually crossed shopped the Camaro. The looks are okay just don't like the rear end but the deal killer for me was the interior. Looks very dated and needs a full revamp if they want to compete. The mustang just looks more modern retro than the bubbly 2000's Pontiac Grand-AM interior design language GM puts in their Camaro.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
LOL. I was expecting worse like a bunch of mustangs crashing for 55 years lol. I still wouldn't get a camaro or a challenger, their designs are too way too plain for me.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
LOL. I was expecting worse like a bunch of mustangs crashing for 55 years lol. I still wouldn't get a camaro or a challenger, their designs are too way too plain for me.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo, what the hell did it say?

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
GM if you read this thread I want to let you know we dont care for your Camaro. The Mustang is already a class ahead of the Camaro now and competing with your Corvette. Just look at the recent sales numbers.Noone wants your Camaro.And this is speaking from someone who has a WS6 Pontiac Trans am as a secondary car.

I

I guess it’s kind of funny but should a company like chevy be poking fun at anyone considering the US taxpayers bailed out their sorry a**es so they could stay afloat? Now they’re getting involved with china? Baseball apple pie and china motors!
Come back and poke fun when you can stay above water on your own accord. Ford rules, get over it.
Sponsored