Sponsored

Chevy takes a cheapshot at the Mustang 55 birthday with ad commercial

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was funny, nothing wrong with a little teasing. Kinda like when I told my friend when he goes into surgery for his nose to have them add a few inches to his ding a ling while they got him sleeping.
Have all the fun you want chevy because there have been 9 mustangs in my garage over the years but never a camaro.
Sponsored

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
I thought it was hilarious. Rivalry is and has ALWAYS been a good thing. Police and Fire are rivals, Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines and Shallow water sailors, errrrr...I mean the Coast Guard, are all rivals.... I am and always have been a Ford guy. I will always be a Ford guy. I believe the commercial was cute, well played, and, was very humorous. I love all cars and the gear heads that go with them. We are all brothers and sisters. Enjoy the rivalry!!! Well played Chevy!!

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
I worked for Pepsi for 15 years. Rivalry is a good thing.

When you are the top dog others will aspire to the throne! Go ahead...give us your best shot GM!

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ever notice that Chevy commercials never focus on their own product but just rip on other brands? Then they also have "real people", as said at the bottom of the screen, say how surprised they are by all of the awards received by Chevy or they say they switched to Chevy. They're all actors. We have a friend that was in one of the commercials.

And as I always say. I don't need a GM product because as a tax payer I already own just a little bit of every one of them.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
i didnt see any targeted hate towards mustang except the clever play on the word 'pony'. You guys need to lighten up. But yes, chevy does have terrible ads (the truck ad picking on the aluminum f150 bed)

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Well that's not Chinese or shall we say Mandarin, it's Arabic. Those commercials are aimed at that market.

Also its not a bad commercial for once from Chevy....the ones with the fake people claiming Chevy is the best car ever are hard to watch. You know they are bad when a insurance company makes fun of them.
2 things... thank you for pointing that out. I let it go because that dude is a troll and he will go on about Chinese motors forever, with no basis. 2, those ads are the worst thing i have ever seen. I'm sure they lose customers over them, because nobody can see those crap ads and think to themselves "yeah, good idea fake guys, I definitely want to buy a Chevy".

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
2 things... thank you for pointing that out. I let it go because that dude is a troll and he will go on about Chinese motors forever, with no basis. 2, those ads are the worst thing i have ever seen. I'm sure they lose customers over them, because nobody can see those crap ads and think to themselves "yeah, good idea fake guys, I definitely want to buy a Chevy".
That's funny a troll calling me a troll man you should get back in your camaro and go back to c6g where you belong

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
And read a fucking book. Doesn't take a lot to discern Chinese from Arabic, but you couldn't even manage that.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had 4 Camaros (82 Berlinetta, 82 RS, 94 Z28 and 94Z28) and two Mustangs (89 LX 5.0 & my current ride) and it's hilarious. Because of what looks like Arabic, I have no idea of the intended response because our cultures are very different. My take though, is it's hilarious.

If GM really wanted to give Ford the finger, they would have a huge price cut on Camaros for people with quotes for 2019 Mustangs. Or they would try to sue Ford for something trivial. I think it was actually showing respect. They know that Ford started the pony car market, and they know that Ford was able to keep the line going without stopping. They also know that the Mustang is the sales leader. "Better" is clearly subjective. I talked to a Camaro owner who was jealous of his Buddies' civic because it had AirPlay and his didn't. So in his case, the infotainment was the most important thing.

Me? It's a ping pong thing.

Ford: For making so much power out of 5L
GM: For making so much power so cheap, in such a small physical package
Ford: For making an engine you can rev the piss out of
GM: For making the car so light and handle so well
Ford: For making a flat-plane V-8, and engines that respond so well to boost
GM: For having the wherewithal to make a 2V engine as good as they have (VVT in a single cam pushrod engine with DOD and DFI is pretty cool, even if the valve count is half what it should be)

It's kind of cool because I have a family member that had a 1964.5 mustang as their very first car. They were pretty happy when I reminded them that my '15 is the 50th year version (Not the official "Anniversary edition" though).

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a real mustang, you should get one too.
The way you go on and on about how much better camaro is over Mustang makes it obvious you're a camaro troll. Anyone can get a pic of a Mustang off the internet and use it for a profile pic. I bet you're on AFF with a profile pic of a 18 yo girl and enjoy all the pm's you get from naughty guys.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
i didnt see any targeted hate towards mustang except the clever play on the word 'pony'. You guys need to lighten up.
This ↑↑↑

The worst part about brand loyalty in this internet age is that it takes so little for it to become brand fanaticism (not a good thing).

Norm

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
i didnt see any targeted hate towards mustang except the clever play on the word 'pony'. You guys need to lighten up. But yes, chevy does have terrible ads (the truck ad picking on the aluminum f150 bed)
GM didn't run that ad campaign for too long since their Duramax engine heads are all aluminum... oops!

I thought it was just mildly funny marketing with the little pony and cupcakes. Just one brand poking fun at another.
Sponsored