Sponsored

Chevy takes a cheapshot at the Mustang 55 birthday with ad commercial

STex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67,69 ram air and 72 GTO
LOL, funny. I like both rides. I like the Stang better right now. Some folks are wound a little too tight and lack a laugh at yourself ability. Its funny. Its ok, relax. Mustang is still the sales leader. BUT Camaro did resurrect the horse power wars when it was reintroduced. So, some good in both,

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Thats funny for a couple reasons:

1) it’s a competitor so you expect some tongue in cheek douchebaggery.

2) the camaro in the video is so unbelivably ugly that no one is going to take it seriously.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
It's actually a compliment! You don't pick on the little guy, you pick on the big guy....It's Chevy's way of acknowledging the Mustang is No. 1....

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Notice the Chinese writing at the end from China Motors ( formerly General Motors}
Well that's not Chinese or shall we say Mandarin, it's Arabic. Those commercials are aimed at that market.

Also its not a bad commercial for once from Chevy....the ones with the fake people claiming Chevy is the best car ever are hard to watch. You know they are bad when a insurance company makes fun of them.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I think that kind of teasing is fair in a rivalry like this. I mean, they spent some time and coin acknowledging a milestone for their competition, you can't expect them not to get a little tease in there.

Friends do this kind of shit to each other in bars.

Not to mention, highlighting the front end of that bizarre Camaro refresh ain't putting their best hoof forward; they no doubt avoided showing the birthday pony's ass so as not to confuse the potential Camaro buyer.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Thats funny for a couple reasons:

1) it’s a competitor so you expect some tongue in cheek douchebaggery.

2) the camaro in the video is so unbelivably ugly that no one is going to take it seriously.
I think Chevy's problem is they are still trying to appeal to the "Transformers" crowd.. They need to move on and get back to the original Camaro's classic simple lines.......

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Arbitrary Fact: the Mustang has been featured in three James Bond movies (Goldfinger, Thunderball, and Diamonds Are Forever). The Camaro has been featured in none....just Michael Bay over-dramatized Transformer movies where the CGI is so convoluted that you can't tell if the robots are fighting or mating.

The advertisement, though, is pretty funny. I think it shows great respect as Chevy is giving a tip-of-the-cap to the Mustang even though they are getting trampled in sales year after year. :beer:

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Clever ad. Nothing wrong with the competition pointing fun. Yes, most Mustang fans don't care for the look of the Camaro (me included), but they build a pretty damn good car in terms of performance. If it wasn't for Camaro, we wouldn't have the Mustangs we have now. I have no reason to bitch about the commercial.

STex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67,69 ram air and 72 GTO
BrettT said "I think Chevy's problem is they are still trying to appeal to the "Transformers" crowd.. They need to move on and get back to the original Camaro's classic simple lines......."

I agree with BrettT. I still like both rides for different reasons on each. But GM really needs to lose that chop top, high belt line and low side/forward visibility horse manure.

Sponsored

rmdye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang-echo boost
i got a chuckle. i sent it to my chevy friends. i bleed blue. i only had fords or Jeep. i did like the Trans am due to smokey and the bandit. But if its a sports car i will take my mustang over them all. i do miss my F150 in the winter.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
In 12 years, if/when the Camaro (really) gets to it's 55th anniversary, the guys at Ford should do absolutely nothing. Because, that's what you do when you're top dog.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Cool ad IMO, at least they acknowledge the Mustang and its significance, while wishing (see what I did there?) the copycat Camaro wasn't 3rd-rate.

Dwhittington

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Yeah right we wish it was a Chevy. The new Camaro is one of the worst looking Chevrolets I think built. at least that I can remember. Id rather drive a hyundai than this new Chevy. I'm not joking. A white Hyundai Elantra looks nicer to me, I hope these Saudi guys didnt harm the Pony used for filming:(
He was wishing for an UGLY Camaro to be released!

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
It was definitely funny! Better than their current “Real customers who just switched to Chevy” commercial. I’d love to see a real ad war between Ford & Chevy, but I’m afraid that it would just be too easy for Ford to fire back:

Sponsored