Sponsored

Chevy offers $2000 to Mustang owners

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I was at a venue last week and sometimes they have cars from local dealers on display. They had a new Camaro Convertible RS package and the sticker was 47k!?! My GT PP was only 30k...I can't fathom paying 47k for a v6 in a muscle car. But, I guess someone will /shrug
Considering how many camaro's are rotting in lots maybe not :lol:
Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if someone already said this in advance - $2k is nowhere near enough of an incentive. The difference in price between the SS and the GT is so much that a new owner could afford to slap a blower on the 5.0 right away and DESTROY the Camaro.

I like the new Camaro and think it performs well from the factory but the pricing is absurd and the looks are "subjective" at best. Also, from what I gather, coyote engines take to boost insanely well and are no strangers to making 650-700whp without breaking a sweat. Don't LT1's wet the bed at that power level?

Looks + greater potential for power (6G GT) > factory performance and average looks at best (6G SS).
I could've summed that whole post up with one sentence:

You can fix slow, but you can't fix ugly. :ford:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
There's a fleet of catfishes chilling on the lots around here. Price kills it. They sit on them. Think they are gold. No way brotatochip. Pretty sure they will firesale them to a local governing body and they will become really cool janitorial service vehicles.

SC likes to buy really dumb things with my taxes.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
There's a fleet of catfishes chilling on the lots around here. Price kills it. They sit on them. Think they are gold. No way brotatochip. Pretty sure they will firesale them to a local governing body and they will become really cool janitorial service vehicles.

SC likes to buy really dumb things with my taxes.
This man has no idea what he's saying and secretly wishes he would have bought a Camaro instead of his GT. :lol::ninja:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
camaros are ugly af... give a deal on a vette and i can put some money on the table... but for a camaro? hell no...

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The appearance of a car matters a lot to me. I not only enjoy cars that are fun to drive but also enjoy the way they look. If I had that mindset I'd just build a Honda and drive it around.
I'm not saying it doesn't matter at all to me, but I will overlook many of what other people would classify as aesthetic flaws or faults if the car in question drives the way I'd like it to. I've overlooked aesthetic matters that I have myself considered as design/styling weaknesses at least a couple of times.

To 5.Oh Crush, I don't buy cars according to the same priorities that most Mustang (or Camaro or Challenger) buyers seem to. Come car buying time, ignoring fanboy attitudes whether positive about the car they own or negative about the cars they don't is right down there with ignoring TV advertising - about as easy as it gets once you're secure in your research and decision-making process.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just also read that their is no handbrake... WTF is up with that? Just one more thing to go wrong that would be impossible for me to fix in the garage more than likely.
This could be a legitimate gripe, particularly in a car with much sporting intent.

My wife's Subaru has this, rather than a handbrake lever. I use it as seldom as possible. As in never when its engine is turned off and parked in my driveway or on any other reasonably level surface. The backup manual procedure for releasing it sounds like a real PITA.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Appearance means a lot to me too. I think the interior has to look great, after all, most of see our cars mostly from the inside.

And I think the Camaro dash looks hideous. The vents are horrible, especially the ones in the center stack. And speaking of the stack, is it really a stack? To me, its just a flow thru console that hits the dash with a screen stuck on it. The steering wheel looks to fat in the airbag.

I can go on, but the point is if ya gotta be looking at your dash/stack layout, ya might as well enjoy it....:D
Honestly - I'm looking out the windshield the vast majority of the time I'm in any car and don't notice the interior for its styling.

That said, I don't like the idea of big video screens at all, pretty much no matter where they're placed.

Mustang dashes look more uniform and symmetrical.. I guess I am OCD.... :)
I do agree on the point of symmetry for the dash top in the Mustang. The passenger side makes for a nice mounting location for GoPro camera for recording track day sessions and such (yes, the GoPro base is "permanently" stuck down there, and I don't ever notice it when I'm driving).

Nice to see they kept it.

picture.jpg

The Challenger console would have looked a lot better if they hadn't cut the cupholders, console compartment, and shifter opening on a slant. Gives the appearance of crowding the 5-6 shifter gate.

Norm

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was at a venue last week and sometimes they have cars from local dealers on display. They had a new Camaro Convertible RS package and the sticker was 47k!?! My GT PP was only 30k...I can't fathom paying 47k for a v6 in a muscle car. But, I guess someone will /shrug
I have seen the same thing GM is crazy. I got my Ecoboost premium convertible with 50 year appearance package a6 and nav for $ 39340 before z plan and incentives. Hell of a lot better car and hell of a lot more useful. If my wife and I want to go on a overnight trip all of our luggage fits in the trunk it wouldn't in a camaro convertible.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I have seen the same thing GM is crazy. I got my Ecoboost premium convertible with 50 year appearance package a6 and nav for $ 39340 before z plan and incentives. Hell of a lot better car and hell of a lot more useful. If my wife and I want to go on a overnight trip all of our luggage fits in the trunk it wouldn't in a camaro convertible.
Seriously, Camaro has a 50 YEARS APPEARANCE PACKAGE?? Last time I checked their is no such thing as a 2003-2009 Camaro :shrug:

Sponsored
OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, Camaro has a 50 YEARS APPEARANCE PACKAGE?? Last time I checked their is no such thing as a 2003-2009 Camaro :shrug:
No bro you miss read my Ecoboost convertible has the 50 year appearance package:thumbsup:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
No bro you miss read my Ecoboost convertible has the 50 year appearance package:thumbsup:
You're right, I did indeed. Regardless, I looked it up and their actually is a 50th anniversary Camaro. Wouldn't that be false advertising?

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're right, I did indeed. Regardless, I looked it up and their actually is a 50th anniversary Camaro. Wouldn't that be false advertising?
Damn right only built 42 years the misrepresentation of camaro continues :eek:

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that 50th anniversary camaro is epic, it has a cool stripe!
$ 2595 price on the option can only have it in gray no other color. The Mustangs 50 Year Package could be had in any color mine is Competition Orange. :thumbsup:
Sponsored