Sponsored

Chemical Guys products?

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Sorry, it is autogeekonline.net. I was close...
Thanks! Checking it out today. :thumbsup:

Edit: Wow yeah, I just read a couple of articles and realize there is a TON of great info there! Thanks again for the link!
Sponsored

Last edited:

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Well I finally got a chance to use the car washing stuff I bought from CG. The foam canon with mr. pink worked nicely but I still had to scrub it down with their wash mitt. Then rinsed it off and dried the car. I would say don't buy their foam canon because I found the same thing on amazon for $25. I need a nice day to wash and clay bar the car with CG clay block. Also have v36 and v38 with their 6.5" black, orange, and white pads. I have conillite 915 wax to try for the first time but just need time to do it.
You'll like the Collinite #915.

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
I finally got a chance do use everything I bought. I washed with mr. Pink which does a good job cleaning. Then dried it off. Used cg clay block and it worked good but used half the bottle of lube. Then let the car site for a day and took the bike to work. Wiped the dust off and used the v36 with the orange pad on the doors and vendors. Then v38 with the white pad on the whole car. Then collinite 915 with the black pad on the whole car. It looks great but it didn't remove the medium size scratch in the paint. I will clay bar the wife's escape next and just put the 915 on it because that paint still looks better then the crap paint our cars come with.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
You said it! With soaps, dressings, waxes, coats, shines, sealants, it was pretty tough to navigate. Especially since they sell competing products (do you want this type of wheel cleaner or this other type we sell?)

In the end I built a friggin' spreadsheet with each item, price and category and looked at it against their kits, then ordered accordingly. Everything is supposedly "out for delivery" today so I'll be interested to see my goodies just in time for the weekend.

:cheers:
Awesome move. If you care to share, I'd be interested to receive a copy.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
there butter wax is amazing i use that and there sealer, and gloss enhancer, i also have the honeydew wash.. yeah always correct the paint then seal it, then wax or if your gunna opticoat or cq it , correct the paint the opti or cq .. plus sealers last longer then wax and bond like someone said ...
and when you wax over your sealer it gives the paint more depth.

i seal my cars twice a yr and wax them atleast once a month and my paint always looks great and deep

all i use is chemical guy stuff works great
old pic of my challenger, this is after paint correction, sealer, and butter wax
Facebook-20150515-105951.jpg

Sponsored

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
there butter wax is amazing i use that and there sealer, and gloss enhancer, i also have the honeydew wash.. yeah always correct the paint then seal it, then wax or if your gunna opticoat or cq it , correct the paint the opti or cq .. plus sealers last longer then wax and bond like someone said ...
and when you wax over your sealer it gives the paint more depth.

i seal my cars twice a yr and wax them atleast once a month and my paint always looks great and deep

all i use is chemical guy stuff works great
old pic of my challenger, this is after paint correction, sealer, and butter wax
SWEET JESUS.

I just got my 5.0 a few days ago and made a good size initial purchase from chemical guys :)

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Good point...

I ordered the microfiber app pads,Mr Pink shampoo,Butter Wet Wax,Diablo wheel cleaner and there microfiber towels. I also ordered a washin mitt from them.

I have a foam cannon already to use with the shampoo
I have used most of,that list. I'm a happy customer. No complaints. I seem to be migrating to car pro products...

BUT... I HAVE MORE DETAILING SUPPLIES THAN I COULD USE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I HAVE NO RESTIANT WHEN NOODLING DETAILING SITES, READING THE ADVERTISING. AND WANTING TO TEST IT. AAAAUUUUURGH!

I am looking o open a small detailing shop, but I want to jump,over the initial 2-3 years of eating penutbutter sandwiches and hotdogs until I get a solid customer base...
image.jpg

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
So got my chemicals guys order in and they screwed up big time. They completely duplicated my entire order. Gonna keep the extra soaps, polishes, wax, sealant, towels and polishing pads since I can't ever really have enough of those but I'm giving the extra foam cannon, buckets and grit guards to my boy :lol

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Good thread...I've used other products..Meguiars, Optimum but, starting to use some CG stuff.
Sponsored