Sponsored

Chemical Guys products?

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I just bought about $150 worth of chemical guys products for the first time and will be buying more from them of other stuff I need. I got a foam cannon, mr. pink one gallon, grit guards microfiber mitt and clay block kit. will be buying 6.5 in pad kit and v36 and v38 polishes. I haven't been able to use what I bought because Minnesota wasn't done snowing yet.
I just picked up an initial order as well. Slightly different items, but I'd be interested to hear what you think of what you got, [MENTION=17648]sonofoldcars[/MENTION].

I ordered:
Foam gun kit (7 items)
White Light
Signature Series Wheel cleaner
Grit Guard
3 towels
2 "fluff"s
Silk shine (free with order)
Butter Wet Wax

I'm real interested to see how well the foam gun works. I'm not looking for foam cannon quality, just better than just using the bucket method.

:cheers:
Sponsored

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
I've only been able to use the mr. pink soap on my motorcycles using a bucket. The soap was great. Really slick and cleaned painted and flat parts. The weather hasn't been nice enough in MN to do the car yet.

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Tried the ecosmart-ru yesterday on some test spots, all I can say is that I'm very impressed!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Tried the ecosmart-ru yesterday on some test spots, all I can say is that I'm very impressed!
I keep this RU spray bottle in my trunk, because it is handy to grab it and shoot a bird dropping or any other sudden problem spot. Wipe it off, and then there is no worry about something setting in until the next wash.

All my stuff came from CG (newbie car care guy myself). I felt that their Natural Shine wouldn't last for a week, so meh. Otherwise, their products are pretty good and prices are decent. My #1 gripe is that they peddle TOO many products that it just all gets too confusing.

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
My #1 gripe is that they peddle TOO many products that it just all gets too confusing.
You said it! With soaps, dressings, waxes, coats, shines, sealants, it was pretty tough to navigate. Especially since they sell competing products (do you want this type of wheel cleaner or this other type we sell?)

In the end I built a friggin' spreadsheet with each item, price and category and looked at it against their kits, then ordered accordingly. Everything is supposedly "out for delivery" today so I'll be interested to see my goodies just in time for the weekend.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
You should post that spreadsheet ... at Chemical Guys! :lol:

They should realize that their products are competing among themselves. Snake oil in a bottle - do you want pink, green, or purple?

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Well I finally got a chance to use the car washing stuff I bought from CG. The foam canon with mr. pink worked nicely but I still had to scrub it down with their wash mitt. Then rinsed it off and dried the car. I would say don't buy their foam canon because I found the same thing on amazon for $25. I need a nice day to wash and clay bar the car with CG clay block. Also have v36 and v38 with their 6.5" black, orange, and white pads. I have conillite 915 wax to try for the first time but just need time to do it.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Well I finally got a chance to use the car washing stuff I bought from CG. The foam canon with mr. pink worked nicely but I still had to scrub it down with their wash mitt. Then rinsed it off and dried the car. I would say don't buy their foam canon because I found the same thing on amazon for $25. I need a nice day to wash and clay bar the car with CG clay block. Also have v36 and v38 with their 6.5" black, orange, and white pads. I have conillite 915 wax to try for the first time but just need time to do it.
Thanks for the write up. I got my stuff Friday, and plan to use it this next weekend. The main things I noticed were that the prices aren't that bad for what you get, especially considering a lot of it is concentrated and is meant to be diluted. I've got a Industrial supply store nearby that I'm going to buy some spray bottles from.

My initial thoughts are that the Honey Dew snow Foam and Butter Wet Wax both smell great. I don't care much for strong fragrances as they can be overpowering, but these are pretty subtle. I haven't opened up the other bottles yet. the Citrus looks like a big gallon of separated orange juice. :D

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
When I bought my car in Feb, I soon after bought a metric ton of CG products. I have followed their channel on YouTube well before getting my car and knew that as soon as I got my stang I would be making a large purchase from them.

I haven't used everything yet as the weather has not been nice enough here in NW Indiana. I did however use the Ecosmart RU (Free with one of my orders) and all I can say is I will probably be ordering a gallon of the concentrated Ecosmart and keep a diluted spray bottle in my car at all times. This stuff is great, I was very impressed with it! Plus it smells nice too!

I also plan to order the Torq 10FX and some pads w/ some V Series Polishes and Compounds. Might try out the VSS cause I'm interested to see how well it works as a 1-step process.

What I ordered:
- Various Towels and Applicators
- Wash Mitt
- Gerbil Wheel Cleaner Brush
- Microfiber Wash
- Grit Guards
- Metro Vacuum Vac n Blo
- Citrus Wash and Gloss
- Honeydew Foam Wash
- Hybrid V7 Quick Detailer
- Diablo Gel Wheel Cleaner
- Butter Wet Wax
- Torq Foam Cannon
- Leather Lovers Kit (Cleaner, Conditioner, Sealant)
- Signiture Series Glass Cleaner
- V.R.P. Dressing
- Jet Seal

Sponsored

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Yeah, CG's products (what I have used) has stood up to what they said. Jet Seal has to be one of their top sellers, it is very nice

One of the things I appreciate the most are the demo video's. I think they have a video for almost every product. Their directions are great, they tell you what to use with what.

It's an awful waste of time and money to be layering your product on the car, only to find out a second level just comes off with the micro fiber buffing.

One forum I joined to really learn and detailing is the autogeekforum.net. They talk about car care 24/7. I have picked up a lot. I know wax is dead. I was really good with waxes and polishes. Now the game is about what nano coating to use, and then what are the upkeep requirements. New day.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
It's an awful waste of time and money to be layering your product on the car, only to find out a second level just comes off with the micro fiber buffing.
Therein lies the source of my biggest confusion. For example, I have CG White Light and Butter Wet Wax. According to CG's website you would put on the WL before the BWW. But to your point, wouldn't putting on the BWW just wipe the WL off as I go? and you mentioned Jet Seal, something I considered as well, but didn't end up getting. Does that then go on top of the BWW, or in place of it, etc?

One forum I joined to really learn and detailing is the autogeekforum.net. They talk about car care 24/7. I have picked up a lot. I know wax is dead. I was really good with waxes and polishes. Now the game is about what nano coating to use, and then what are the upkeep requirements. New day.
Thanks for the link! I'll check them out.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't use White Light but its a sealer and sealers should go under the wax because you want to seal the paint not the much softer wax. The sealer bonds to the paint.

You may not want the wax at all. A good sealer will be shinier than a good wax. In fact some people put wax over sealer to tone down the shine a bit. If you don't know which camp you fall in, do the sealer then wax part of the car and compare before doing it all or in the future.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I don't use White Light but its a sealer and sealers should go under the wax because you want to seal the paint not the much softer wax. The sealer bonds to the paint.

You may not want the wax at all. A good sealer will be shinier than a good wax. In fact some people put wax over sealer to tone down the shine a bit. If you don't know which camp you fall in, do the sealer then wax part of the car and compare before doing it all or in the future.
Great advice, I'll try it with and without and see which is better. :cheers:

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Therein lies the source of my biggest confusion. For example, I have CG White Light and Butter Wet Wax. According to CG's website you would put on the WL before the BWW. But to your point, wouldn't putting on the BWW just wipe the WL off as I go? and you mentioned Jet Seal, something I considered as well, but didn't end up getting. Does that then go on top of the BWW, or in place of it, etc?

Thanks for the link! I'll check them out.

Sorry, it is autogeekonline.net. I was close...
Sponsored