Sponsored

Chemical Guys products?

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Guard
I have been researching proper ways on how to keep my guard GT clean. I have done a lot of Google and YouTube searching. I see a lot of videos by Chemical Guys....and people using there products. I also see some people here use their products.

Well all these CG products look like they work well, have cool sounding names and apparently smell good.

I just ordered some products to get me going. I know i should have asked this question before I ordered but I didn't think of it....my question is do they work as good as it seems or am I a victim of great marketing?
Sponsored

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Their products work great, I have been using them for years now and always get compliments on the shine and cleanliness of the Mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They sell a lot of really good stuff but nobody has used everything they sell so can't say everything is great. You should post what products you are talking about.

OP
OP

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They sell a lot of really good stuff but nobody has used everything they sell so can't say everything is great. You should post what products you are talking about.
Good point...

I ordered the microfiber app pads,Mr Pink shampoo,Butter Wet Wax,Diablo wheel cleaner and there microfiber towels. I also ordered a washin mitt from them.

I have a foam cannon already to use with the shampoo

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Of those, I use their towels and Butter Wet Wax and have both on my Amazon Subscribe and Save. ;)

What a really like about the wax is it doesn't matter if it's hot, cold, sunny, whatever when you apply it. It doesn't seem to last as long as the 'artificial' waxes, but it's a good all around product.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ironically the brown truck just arrived...gonna go wash 'er up now. I'll report back.....

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have been washing my car with their Glossworkz soap and I love it! It really does enhance the gloss after a wash.

I also have a wash & wax soap from them (Forgot the name) and it works well too.

latericius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrés
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I've been using their products for years, here is some info about them:

• Butter Wet Wax: Easy to apply and it looks good, but need to reapply often.
  • JetSeal: Way better duration, not that much of a shine, good to layer with another wax on top and get amazing protection.
  • Pete's 53 Wax: Great wax, but harder to apply that butter wet wax, but it lasts longer.
  • Diablo Wheel Cleaner: Meh, I don't like it that much. I've tried better products (like the Malco wheel cleaner that is amazing).
  • V7: BEST product from CG. Apply it to my car after every wash and it just glows.
  • V34/V36/V38: Compound/Polish line. So easy to use with a DA, and have very little residue, and they have a fairly long work time, so they work great!
  • Citrus Wash & Gloss: Gets the car super clean, but I find it to strong for maintenance wash.
  • Honeydew Soap: LOTS OF SUDS. Amazing lubrication and smell. Not as strong as the Citrus based soap, so it's ideal for frequent washes.
  • Glossworkz Soap: Good lubricity, wax-safe and it indeeds the car shines more.
  • Nonsense APC: My to go APC, I clean everything with it. It depends on the dilution ratio, so it's super versatile. I just love it.
  • Silk Shine Dressing: Mild-shine, good smell, and it does not leave the surface oily. I've used in the interior and even in the engine bay and it holds great.
  • InnerClean Interior cleaner: Not so good, has a good smell, but my feeling is that it does not leave much of a protective layer on the surfaces. I mostly use the Meguiars cleaner now.
  • G6 Hyper Coat Dressing: Hate the smell, is very shiny and it last a lot. I use it mainly in faded exterior plastics.
  • Various Air freshners: My favourite is the french vainilla one, but they do not last long. A shame, because they smell amazing.
  • Glassworks glass cleaner & Signature series glass cleaner: They are about the same. Using the two towel technique it works perfect and streak-free. Great smell also.
  • Microfiber towels: I have a big collection of CG towels, and they are always great. I just buy from them, they are by far my favorite.

I think that's all that I tried from CG. I also have some washmits, with my favorite being the green microfiber one. If I remember something else, I will update the post.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
CG is great...Their products are the only thing that touches my PITA black lol. I use their Foam Gun, V07 Soap, After wash, microfibers, V07 detail spray, Torq polisher and pads, VSS, Blacklight, Jet Seal, Extreme Depth Carnauba Wax w/ X-seal, diablo wheel cleaner with wheel woolies and wheel guard. And for the interior leather cleaner and leather conditioner. I think I'm missing a few other things but it all works pretty damn good. :D

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Not bad stuff but there are usually better options. I do like their microfiber towels a lot. Their v32-38 stuff is nowhere near the same level as menzerna, so if you get into polishing don't waste your time. Their air fresheners are only good for a few days, waste of money. All of their interior cleaners and apc cleaners are way overpriced and not as effective as the meguiars d101 & d108 which can be had for 1/4 the price. JetSeal Is solid but menzerna powerlock lasts longer, is slicker, shines better, and is comparably priced.
I'm hearing good things about their new ceramic coating, but I have not used it not have I seen a car treated with it yet. Their polishing pad conditioner works well, and I keep their undercarriage black treatment on hand for my 4runner.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all that have commented...great info.

I have limited detailing experience but so far of the items I have bought I really like them.

The Butter Wet Wax is awesome. Super easy to apply and remove and doesn't go white on plastics. I even used it on my Windows and water comes right off.

Mr Pink seem to do a nice job but I did not use a foam cannon, just the 2 bucket method. Foam cannon is on the way.

Diablo wheel cleaner also seem to work well but my wheels were pretty clean so tough to tell.

I also really like the microfiber applicator sponge pads. I cleaned em up after and it seems like they are going to last a while.

Now my search begins for interior cleaning products.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I found out that the wax I was using is no longer made. I got some good info for a guy off another thread after looking at CG's site. Has any one used and what is in $2500 or even the $1500 wax!!!!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I found out that the wax I was using is no longer made. I got some good info for a guy off another thread after looking at CG's site. Has any one used and what is in $2500 or even the $1500 wax!!!!
That's like those fools buying the 1000 dollar speaker cables. They're going to insist it's better than the wax that paid you 20 dollars for, but can't prove it.

I've even seen demos (in person, not video) of people trying to sell "higher quality" car detailing products like wax and whatnot, and they always try to claim that the more expensive item performs better, and is shinier. And whenever I looked at the results, the comparisons between two products usually looked identical. :shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's like those fools buying the 1000 dollar speaker cables. They're going to insist it's better than the wax that paid you 20 dollars for, but can't prove it.

I've even seen demos (in person, not video) of people trying to sell "higher quality" car detailing products like wax and whatnot, and they always try to claim that the more expensive item performs better, and is shinier. And whenever I looked at the results, the comparisons between two products usually looked identical. :shrug:
I agree, there isn't enough of a difference to justify the price unless you have so much money that its worth an extra grand to add a bit of useful life or some glossiness the human eye can't discern.

Things never change. My grandmother ran a beauty shop (what they called them back in the days). She offered $10 and $25 permanents and I asked her what was the difference and she said $15. ;)
Sponsored