Sponsored

CHEMICAL GUY's PRO BLOW, Blower? Worth it or not......

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey guys,

I was going to buy the PRO BLOW blower off there website today and i was a 1st time buyer on there website and they wont allow me to use the 20% off as a newbie.. Anyone else have this issue with them? Only select items. LMAOOOO WTF!!!!!!!!
Any thoughts on that PRO BLOW blower? Is it worth $100?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can't imagine it would perform nearly as well as the Metrovac Airforce Master Blaster or Adams Air Cannon which uses a stronger force with the heated air. They cost about 3x as much though.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I got the Adam's Air Cannon Jr. and I absolutely love it! Download the honey browser extension. They always have a bunch of coupon codes for 20% off.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I use deionized water to rinse. No need to dry, since the water doesn't have any dissolved solids in it to cause spots. With a black car, this method works great for me.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I was going to buy the PRO BLOW blower off there website today and i was a 1st time buyer on there website and they wont allow me to use the 20% off as a newbie.. Anyone else have this issue with them? Only select items. LMAOOOO WTF!!!!!!!!

Thanks Anthony
It works ok. Gets the water out of the crevices pretty well. No way could you use it to dry the whole car though as its tiny. I think I paid 80 for it in the store. Definatly worth it if it were like 50 bucks but at a hundred... i dunno.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I recently got the BLO Air-S delivered. It was on a major backorder from February. I bought it because my ceramic/PPF guy highly recommended it. Haven't tried it out yet but it certainly moves a lot of air.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey guys,

Thanks Anthony
Ego 765 with stubby nozzle, thank me later.

Richard

20220620_083550.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Putting in a plug for the Metrovac.

I use deionized water to rinse. No need to dry,
Ed: I presume you are using something like the CR Spotless deionizing rig. I have one as well and while I have tested it letting the vehicle air dry, there were still some areas of streaks. However FYI, deionizing setups do remove a lot of the dissolved solids, especially if the whole house has soft water, but none of them remove ALL the solids. The only two ways that I know of to do that are distillation or an RO membrane.

Anyway, if you are happy with the results, I say ROCK ON, brother. I'm too OCD. :-) Just wanted to mention that the de-i rigs don't remove it all.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am thinking about adding a system to de-ionize the water. The spots show quickly on my black daily driver. It just doesn't seem right to wash and not dry :).That is the ole skool that I probably can't get away from.

I use deionized water to rinse. No need to dry, since the water doesn't have any dissolved solids in it to cause spots. With a black car, this method works great for me.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I've had a couple of Chemical Guys JetSpeed blowers and the quality was not good. They both broke fairly quickly and one of them had an electrical issue that could have been hazardous. I threw them out and won't buy CG air dryers in the future.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
F the battery, get a Amazon electric one for cheap. Mine is years old and I think i paid $30 bucks. I ve used blower for decades to dry cars. Even Lowes sells them cheap.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
I am thinking about adding a system to de-ionize the water. The spots show quickly on my black daily driver. It just doesn't seem right to wash and not dry :).That is the ole skool that I probably can't get away from.
I went the deionized water route and it's a game changer for water spots. I still use a blower to clean off the car after. I'm using my backpack Stihl blower, but the plan is to get an Ego blower with stubby nozzle. e

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Putting in a plug for the Metrovac.

Ed: I presume you are using something like the CR Spotless deionizing rig. I have one as well and while I have tested it letting the vehicle air dry, there were still some areas of streaks. However FYI, deionizing setups do remove a lot of the dissolved solids, especially if the whole house has soft water, but none of them remove ALL the solids. The only two ways that I know of to do that are distillation or an RO membrane.

Anyway, if you are happy with the results, I say ROCK ON, brother. I'm too OCD. :-) Just wanted to mention that the de-i rigs don't remove it all.

I built my own system for a hell of a lot less than the CR Spotless system. I basically built a DI-120 and my cost was around $160.00 opposed to $299.00 MSRP. I did start out with their resin cartridges. I also added a TDS meter onto mine and I also have a water softener with a hose bib connection in my garage.

One question, do you use a pressure washer or just a garden hose to rinse? I'm asking that, because IIRC, you have to keep the flow rate under 2gpm or so, for the DI system to work. I use a pressure washer with mine and the flow rate of it allows the DI resin to do it's job.
Sponsored

Last edited: