Chemical Guys Butter Wax

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was a big Chem guy user. Butter wax is on my shelf, used twice didn’t care for it. Did the whole jet seal thing and all of it. Finally broke down bought a polisher, spent days researching and using our daily at the time (16 Mazda 6) learning to polish, polished out my Tuxedo Black ST to a mirror and coated it with Cquartz UK, I’ve never looked back.. I haven’t waxed a car in years. Most I do now is Reload every other month or so. I’ve polished and coated the mustang few months after I got it and then our new daily a 2019 Mazda 3. Just can’t go back to the waxing and sealing and waxing and sealing thing myself.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Butter wet wax is awful, I used it maybe twice. Just turns the car into a dust magnet and comes off on the first wash. I've started using Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. You think it would suck because it's Turtle Wax, but it's actually insane. It lasts 5-10 washes and the dirt and water just flows right off, while giving a nice shine.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Butter wet wax is awful, I used it maybe twice. Just turns the car into a dust magnet and comes off on the first wash. I've started using Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. You think it would suck because it's Turtle Wax, but it's actually insane. It lasts 5-10 washes and the dirt and water just flows right off, while giving a nice shine.
I love Seal N Shine too, and I never thought I'd say that about a Turtle Wax product. In the past, I thought of Turtle Wax products as low budget.

If I'm feeling ambitious, Jescar Power Lock Plus followed by Collinite 845 is my preferred combination.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I've never tried Chemical Guys Butter Wax, but their cherry wax is absolute crap in my experience.

It was a nightmare to work with when I tried it on a properly prepped surface.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Butter Wet Wax is a show wax only. It's a high carnauba content wax. It's easy to apply and easy to remove with minimal dusting. Chemical Guys is a mixed bag for sure but this one isn't bad, IMO. Butter Wet Wax, along with most carnauba based waxes, burns off above 90 degrees F. They are also easily removed with chemical cleaners. If it's natural wax it just won't stand up to chemicals or heat. This is why most natural carnauba based waxes won't last long. If you want a long lasting wax it will be petroleum based or SiO2 based. In my experience, those don't have that carnauba warm glow though. I use a strong petroleum based wax (BWM 101 Hi Temp Paste Wax) for protection and top with a carnauba wax for special occasions.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Turtle Ceramic Wet Wax for drying aid.

Jescar Powerlock and Collinite 845 for sealant/wax
Sponsored