Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hello All,

I have been using Adams H20 Gloss but wanted to try something else. I was looking at the Chemical Guys stuff and noticed their Butter Wax. Has anyone used it and, if so, how did you like it? Also, does it seem to attract dust?

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Check out P&S Beadmaker while you're at it. It's so cheap and easy, I top off pretty much every wash because I like to keep the car at max shine at all times. Plenty of youtube videos.

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Check out P&S Beadmaker while you're at it. It's so cheap and easy, I top off pretty much every wash because I like to keep the car at max shine at all times. Plenty of youtube videos.
I also use P&S Breadmaker on my GT350. I don't know how often you wash your car, but the recommendation is to use once per month or once per two months, depending on driving conditions. Using weekly it seems extensive and not necessary.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hello All,

I have been using Adams H20 Gloss but wanted to try something else. I was looking at the Chemical Guys stuff and noticed their Butter Wax. Has anyone used it and, if so, how did you like it? Also, does it seem to attract dust?

Thanks,
Dan
I did since I like to experiment with detailing supplies. It looks decent but doesn't last very long. Used it few times and ditched it. Inferior to other products on the market.

Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
The butter wax doesn’t seem to get as slick as I would like. Meguires dark color wax seems to be much nicer to use. I almost would rather throw out the butter wax.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Also - overall I would rate Chemical Guys stuff below Meguiars. As much marketing as they do, their products performance is rather disappointing.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I started using F11. A little expensive, but once you put on a few coats, you don't use as much.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Doesn't last long enough. Check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube if you're ready to go down the detailing rabbit hole. I have used their suggestion of Jescar Power lock and Collonite 845 and it not only came out looking fantastic but lasted quite awhile. Link below to their site but you can also buy elsewhere.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/jescar-power-lock-plus-polymer-paint-sealant
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/collinite-845
I am also new in this stuff of detailings and have been using Xtreme Solutions Polyseal as the sealeant.

Have you used Polyseal and how you compare it with Powerlock?

At this point i am very happy with it.
Thanks...

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
Also - overall I would rate Chemical Guys stuff below Meguiars. As much marketing as they do, their products performance is rather disappointing.
I use all chemicals guys stuff but never get it from in store. I think it performs quite well for the price point. The butter wax doesn't last as long as I would like about 4-6 weeks if I do a good wash every week. I think adams products are over rated but its all a personal preference for me as I am by no means a professional detailer

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am also new in this stuff of detailings and have been using Xtreme Solutions Polyseal as the sealeant.

Have you used Polyseal and how you compare it with Powerlock?

At this point i am very happy with it.
Thanks...
I have not but i'll put it on my radar.

Top_Notch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Another vote for beadmaker. I use it after every wash. I've like Meg's hybrid ceramic topped by beadmaker. Between the two they are so easy to use and give great results I am phasing out everything else I have tried. For the effort, nothing I've tried compares.
20190327_085516.jpg

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Butter wet wax is not a good product at all, terrible longevity and dosent really do anything. Big thumbs up for the powerlock + 845. TBH from my experience powerlock does most of the work, 845 is just a nice topper to add longevity. Powerlock is super fun to apply and a pure joy for a detailer.

Chemical guys has good stuff, their soaps are nice, good towels (rag company is better) and some products are good (vrp, leather products, interior cleaner to name a few)
Sponsored