Sponsored

Check your tire pressure when you receive your 2024 Tacoma

lxs123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
I know that this topic has been covered in the past, but i would like to raise it again.

When i received my TRD off road the ride seemed excessively bumpy and overall felt very harsh. I didnt think much of it (because truck) until i was browsing through the Toyota app and noticed that that my tire pressures were at 45psi, and that number only got bigger once i drove for about 50miles on a highway. For the TRD off road the tire pressure on the door card states 30psi, so i went to reduce mine down to 32psi on each corner, and let me tell you how much smoother and more pleasant the ride has become.

Make sure to reset your TPMS afterwards. There are a bunch of videos on youtube on how to do it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Dealer fail.

jmalski4865

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Offroad
I know that this topic has been covered in the past, but i would like to raise it again.

When i received my TRD off road the ride seemed excessively bumpy and overall felt very harsh. I didnt think much of it (because truck) until i was browsing through the Toyota app and noticed that that my tire pressures were at 45psi, and that number only got bigger once i drove for about 50miles on a highway. For the TRD off road the tire pressure on the door card states 30psi, so i went to reduce mine down to 32psi on each corner, and let me tell you how much smoother and more pleasant the ride has become.

Make sure to reset your TPMS afterwards. There are a bunch of videos on youtube on how to do it.
My off road were at 48 psi. Lowered them down to 35

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Same. Mine was at 41 psi.. they even set the TPMS to 40 PSI in the dash. My friend's 24' was even worse at 50PSI at each tire.

BLtheP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
If you're lowering them, why not lower them to the number on the sticker?

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
TRD Sport here, door says 32PSI and the dealer had it at 48

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
TRD Sport here, door says 32PSI and the dealer had it at 48
Tires come overinflated for transport. Are dealers not doing PDIs any longer? It's on the checklist.

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
Tires come overinflated for transport. Are dealers not doing PDIs any longer? It's on the checklist.
Maybe don't. When I bought mine, the sales person called me at about 9a to tell me the car will arrive at the dealer in about one hour. Drove two hours to pick it up and upon arrival the truck was dirty and all. While I was doing the paper work the sales man told me your truck went inside for cleaning. Within 30 minutes the truck was out. Not sure if 30 minutes is enough time for them to do PDI. I don't see anything unusual so my guess is that now a days they dont have to do much.
Sponsored