Sponsored

Check out my baby beading water like a duck. CQUARTZ ftw!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ceramic Coating is Here to Stay!

SVT-DADDY and Stage_3.......absolutely right on the money! It's more than worth it if you can do it yourself. I wet sanded areas 1st then polished all that out, finished with Menzurna 3800.. no swirls or scratches of any kind (daily driver) CQuartz UK ( formulated for Pacific Northwest weather ) check the video to see the car become hydrophobic.....using only the hose minus nozzle, your car will be 90% dry. Finish off with ECH2O and yes, the shine is even deeper. My car is Black. No sign of swirls even in direct sunlight. I even did my wheels and brake dust simply hoses off.

Everyone has opinions. We all know what waxes and polishes and microfibre cloths cost. I just took 2nd at a Mustang show out of 10 2015-2017 Mustangs. The car actually looked like glass! I had several people ask my in detail for the process....they were stunned. 5 months and still incredible shine. Most of the time it's just a wipe off, apply ECH2O as a detailer and buff up with a microfibre cloth!!!

You wax on.....wax off guys can continue to do whatever floats your boat. It will never compare to the finish and protection of Ceramic Coating!! :cheers::cheers:
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Does your brake dust really just wash off. I still need to agitate mine but i dont need to elbow grease scrub.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Does your brake dust really just wash off. I still need to agitate mine but i dont need to elbow grease scrub.
Yes, for the most part! I CQuartz'd and Reloaded my wheels inside and out! What a difference. I also have Z26 Ceramic pads to install ! They produce even less dust to deal with!! .....FYI.....it took a long time to do the wheels!

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I used Dlux on my wheels and tires. Dlux is very easy to use because you basically leave it on. If I use a foam cannon pressure washer combo brake dust comes right off. If I am using the 3 bucket method I just hit the wheels quickly with the mitt, because why not.

This pic was right after I did the coating, the tires were actually a bit too glossy on day one but after a couple days it settled down a bit.

After a month or so and 5-6 washes the tires still look the same, no tire shine needed!

I did the trim about 2 months ago, same thing. Nice and dark!
wheel.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I used Dlux on my wheels and tires. Dlux is very easy to use because you basically leave it on. If I use a foam cannon pressure washer combo brake dust comes right off. If I am using the 3 bucket method I just hit the wheels quickly with the mitt, because why not.

This pic was right after I did the coating, the tires were actually a bit too glossy on day one but after a couple days it settled down a bit.

After a month or so and 5-6 washes the tires still look the same, no tire shine needed!

I did the trim about 2 months ago, same thing. Nice and dark!
Wow....I wonder how the wax on-wax off guys do their wheels and how often???:cheers:

Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You guys are forgetting the biggest benefit of a coating; chemical resistance. Waxes and sealants offer little to no chemical resistance. I am not pushing coatings by any means, but everyone pushes them based on hydrophobic properties and longevity... those are completely secondary to their chemical resistance, ime.

Oh and just as a "FWIW", fixing a scratch on a coated car is exactly the same as an un-coated car. Buff it and re-apply LSP of choice.

The issue it seems people actually have with coatings is the marketing claims of specific brands is out of control. Stone chip resistance, 9H, SMFH. Go check out cquartz, gtechniq, modesta, etc website... they make no outrageous of unsubstantiated claims.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
What He Said

Ceramic Pro is not a paint protection, wax or sealant that will wash away or break down over time. Scientifically speaking, it is a nano-ceramic coating that forms a permanent adhesion to the paint and can only be removed through abrasion – NO chemical can dissolve the coating. Once applied to the car it creates a permanent protection for your cars paint and clear coat. The glass shield forms a super slick hydrophobic surface that prevents dirt, tar, brake dust bird droppings from adhering to the surface of the vehicle. Water rolls off the surface and brings with it the dirt and grime. This is called the self-cleaning effect!

What qualities does the wax have???

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Since we have the experts in here, im looking into protecting my headlights from yellowing or cracking. should i expel them or use a ceramic coating?

Sorry carry on.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Since we have the experts in here, im looking into protecting my headlights from yellowing or cracking. should i expel them or use a ceramic coating?

Sorry carry on.
I do believe that you can ceramic coat your headlights if you want. I'm pretty sure that my detailer did mine when applying the Cquartz Finest.
(***Cquartz Finest can ONLY be applied by a certified and approved detail shop. Even if you wanted to buy it on your own and use it, you cannot.)
You can use Cqaurtz or Cquartz UK. Those are available to the general public.

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Expensive..

I have Wolfgang DGPS myself. It beads water just as the OP but you really want something that sheets the water. Our hood is damn near.horizontal so getting anything to sheet may be difficult.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sorry carry on.
Put paint protection film on them. Headlight yellowing is generally as a result of road debris compromising the UV coating on the light. If they are filmed that coating will not deteriorate.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The odds of the headlights yellowing are slim to none unless you are keeping the car serious long term or don't take care of it properly. It takes years for that to happen. And even so you can polish them; Meguiars and others make a polishing kit for $20 or less. Or if you already polish your own car its about 10 cents of polish to do them. You can probably do it by hand too with a microfiber and elbow grease as it's only plastic.

Any basic sealant or wax that offers a bit of UV protection is more than enough as the lenses have a UV coating from the factory. If you keep them washed and sealed/waxed they wont yellow for likely more years than you own the car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3