Sponsored

Check Engine Light

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
New Member to the group here!

2016 Track pack, leaving work tonight the CEL came on. Fault P0128 "Coolant Thermostat (coolant temp below thermostat). Car has 900 miles on it now. Noticed this morning the water temp gauge never really rose past "1 needle width" into the normal range while in traffic. have seen this Generic fault code on other Brand vehicles and they usually lead towards a stuck open Thermostat.

Unfortunately I now get to deal with the incompetent Service Centers here in CA Bay Area.

Looks like I will be getting a new Thermostat!
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
It's an easy fix - mine did the same thing at 1,400 miles - thermostat was stuck open and Ford replaced it under warranty. Car is running flawless.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

2016 Track pack, leaving work tonight the CEL came on. Fault P0128 "Coolant Thermostat (coolant temp below thermostat). Car has 900 miles on it now. Noticed this morning the water temp gauge never really rose past "1 needle width" into the normal range while in traffic. have seen this Generic fault code on other Brand vehicles and they usually lead towards a stuck open Thermostat.

Unfortunately I now get to deal with the incompetent Service Centers here in CA Bay Area.

I also live in the Bay Area, if you could post which dealerships to avoid, and which ones to go to(if any), that'd be great. You could also PM too.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS

I haven't had that problem, but I have noticed my Coolant level going down.

By the way, what part of San Jose are you in? You don't have the T. Yellow do you?

I also live in the Bay Area, if you could post which dealerships to avoid, and which ones to go to(if any), that'd be great. You could also PM too.
I used to get good service from Sunnyvale Ford, but that was in the late '90's.
Stay away from Capitol! ...just because I don't like them. ;) :D

OP
OP
La8apx

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
By the way, what part of San Jose are you in? You don't have the T. Yellow do you?
No, White with Blue. Made a trade with my GT3 for the car and cash from a dealer in AL. Live near Campbell off Winchester and Hamilton. Been Wrenching in the Bay Area for 18 years and know how the Ford dealers are. The Ford Truck center off 880 in SJ is the best Ford dealer in the area but they only can service my Race Hauler.

I have something setup with Scummyvale Ford Monday morning. Should be relatively painless as long as they can source the part. I will keep you updated

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sunnyvales service is pretty good, they did all the services on my 2012.

OP
OP
La8apx

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
Sunnyvales service is pretty good, they did all the services on my 2012.
Yeah hoping they are still on their game because, Capital and Frontier are horrible. James Ford is probably the best non HD Ford Dealer but little too far from my house.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
No, White with Blue. Made a trade with my GT3 for the car and cash from a dealer in AL. Live near Campbell off Winchester and Hamilton. Been Wrenching in the Bay Area for 18 years and know how the Ford dealers are. The Ford Truck center off 880 in SJ is the best Ford dealer in the area but they only can service my Race Hauler.

I have something setup with Scummyvale Ford Monday morning. Should be relatively painless as long as they can source the part. I will keep you updated
I used to live right near Mission Valley Ford (they are on the corner of 880 and Brokaw, so I'm guessing they are the ones you are referring to) when I had a 1995 Ranger. Those guys were AWESOME! Too bad they don't work on cars, too.

-T

OP
OP
La8apx

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
I used to live right near Mission Valley Ford (they are on the corner of 880 and Brokaw, so I'm guessing they are the ones you are referring to) when I had a 1995 Ranger. Those guys were AWESOME! Too bad they don't work on cars, too.

-T
Yeah that's them, they are great.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yeah that's them, they are great.
Sounds like they need a small division for regular ford cars. Buy a piece of that big ass, useless Fry's parking lot that gets fully used once a year on black Friday.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Funny to see this on a Ford forum, I'm a Benz tech and our M272 V6 and M273 V8 has the exact same issue. I replace a ton of thermostats.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
No, White with Blue. Made a trade with my GT3 for the car and cash from a dealer in AL. Live near Campbell off Winchester and Hamilton.
Very cool, you're in my area. I take Leigh, Bascom, & or Meridian home when I have to drive from work in traffic.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I have had good experiences with Ford Fairfield. Livermore Ford worked with me on a few BS factory items for a Lincoln car I had, I have never taken anything performance related - but Livermore always told the truth and worked hard to resolve my issues.

Ford Fairfield has almost always known more than me about issues for my 2013 Boss 302, which is amazing because I was on the Boss302 forums every week. I trust them with the Boss and Shelby.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Mine just threw the same code. And I noticed my coolant temp never even went up a 1/4 way. Engine oil stayed below 180 over a 50 mile drive. Time for a new thermostat @ 1400 miles!

67GTA

67GTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67GTA,69MACH1,09GT500,16GT350
I also had a engine check light. It was diagnosed as a full pump problem. The GT350 has two of them. The problem is a loose connection in one of the connectors.
Sponsored