Sponsored

Cheapest Place to order Ford Power Pack #2 M-9603-M8A???

Dalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT track
Hi people. Can you help me to find the cheapest place for my car? So far the cheapest I found is $581.90 from AutoNation Ford but I am not sure if it is a good vendor. Any one has any experience with them? they have good prices on all Mustang things.

Thank you all for your help.

Cheers,
36026539_10156166007181014_931996822216376320_n.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
does that price include the tune? I have had good luck with my local autonation ford dealer.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Found one on eBay a few months ago and offered to buy it for $525. I used an 8% eBay coupon and got it to $483 with no tax and free shipping.

AutoNation Ford is excellent. I bought all of my suspension parts from them.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The price is making it hard not to buy it. I just don't really want the open airbox tbh. Wish they offered a closed box version.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dalas

Dalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT track
The price is making it hard not to buy it. I just don't really want the open airbox tbh. Wish they offered a closed box version.
I've seen ppl using an acrylic cover on it.
I know man, really affordable, specially for you American guys, I loose with the Canadian dollar, shipping and customs and taxes.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered my Power Pack 1 from them. Best price I found.

If you don't want the open air box, consider the PP1, power difference is minimal and its about half the price, and much cheaper for the dealer install. Also, when you eventually decide to step up the mods, you won't feel as bad because you didn't spend as much on it. Ask me how I know, I bought mine in 2018, now I am can't wait to my warranty expires so I can add headers, 2018 Intake manifold and custom tune.

Check out the dyno comparisons on motoiq website for the power packs, very informative.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Another vote for AutoNation. Ordered mine from there as well. Just be aware of 2 things. 1: you have to call to place the order and they were tough to get a hold of. I think it took a couple days and several calls (ring-no answer). Second: if you have done ANY performance mods you may be disappointed with the upgrade. I know it is sacrilege to say this, but I didn't see or feel any significant improvement over what I had already done for way cheaper. My biggest improvement was just putting in a high flow K&N air filter which gained 0.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. The PP2 gave me another .07 seconds in the 1/4. Had i not done the K&N filter, I probably would have gained 0.57 seconds over stock. So set expectations lower than all the hype you read here and you'll be happy.

That said, it does shift a lot better than stock.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Another vote for AutoNation. Ordered mine from there as well. Just be aware of 2 things. 1: you have to call to place the order and they were tough to get a hold of. I think it took a couple days and several calls (ring-no answer). Second: if you have done ANY performance mods you may be disappointed with the upgrade. I know it is sacrilege to say this, but I didn't see or feel any significant improvement over what I had already done for way cheaper. My biggest improvement was just putting in a high flow K&N air filter which gained 0.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. The PP2 gave me another .07 seconds in the 1/4. Had i not done the K&N filter, I probably would have gained 0.57 seconds over stock. So set expectations lower than all the hype you read here and you'll be happy.

That said, it does shift a lot better than stock.
Kinda backs up the results MotoIQ got when they compared all 3 packages, specifically between PP1 & PP2 with the PP1 including a K&N filter likely providing the bulk of the gains

https://motoiq.com/tested-ford-mustang-gt-power-packs-1-3/

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting. I'm not so much worried about the up top gains, thought they are welcome of course. The supposed 40 lb/ft of torque at 1500 rpm is what is most interesting to me.

Also thanks for the IQ link. I've been very curious to see dynos.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Don't get your expectations too high, I put it on my car and it hasn't helped lap times one iota. People say they feel a difference but the data doesn't lie where as wishful thinking does.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I can't remember the exact price but when I got my pp#2 for my 15, I think Levittown(sic)Ford was the cheapest. I was please with my gains.
received_2014743548584721.png

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Don't get your expectations too high, I put it on my car and it hasn't helped lap times one iota. People say they feel a difference but the data doesn't lie where as wishful thinking does.
Yeah, I can see it not having a huge impact on lap times, too many variables involved in improving your times, not all related to engine power increase. However, I can say that I picked up 2-3 MPH in the 1/4 mile, so even taking into account different days at the strip, 2-3 mph is a decent increase.

Also seeing as peak power is not a huge increase, but these tunes increase power greater in the lower RPMS, I would assume that on a road coarse, you spend more time near peak power power RPM range, thus the small increase not having a huge impact, IMO.

OP
OP
Dalas

Dalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT track
I have placed the order today.