Sponsored

Cheapest place to buy replacement KeyFob?

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Dealer tried selling me an extended warranty package and I forgot how much in total it was but it raised my payment 65 bucks a month over the course of 7 years.

Told him to go pound sand, but one of the bonuses is it covered lost key fobs. I don't know how I've done it but I did lose one of mine and want a backup for sanity.

Anyone got a good hookup
Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
$350 programmed from the dealer. You may be able to find one on eBay and then get it programmed.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
You can buy a used one on eBay for like $50-$80 and then have to get it programmed at Ford (not sure how much that costs).

Just have to make sure you match the FCC ID on your remote to the ones that are on eBay because some are specific to the Auto Mustang with remote start or others are specific to Fusions, and such.

I've been looking to get a spare as well because I bought used and only got one..

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I bought used and want a 2nd one as well.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Dealer tried selling me an extended warranty package and I forgot how much in total it was but it raised my payment 65 bucks a month over the course of 7 years.

Told him to go pound sand, but one of the bonuses is it covered lost key fobs. I don't know how I've done it but I did lose one of mine and want a backup for sanity.

Anyone got a good hookup
Wait what? You mean Ford's ESP comes with key fob replacement? If so, I need to call them up.

Sponsored

pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
buy a spare on ebay for $60, and program it yourself. The main requirement is the FCC ID has to match, and that you have two masters key fobs available to program the third one.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
key fob programming

Just wanted to thank all of you for this forum. I bought a 16 GT CS and I wanted a third spare keyfob. I bought one from a business in Cali on Ebay and it would not program following the owners manual. Then I found this procedure here and the third one programmed fine. Thanks!
Sponsored