Sponsored

Cheapest place to buy a hks ssqv bov for ecoboost?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
any reasons to not get it as well? Stock 17 eb premium 6 speed. I want the sound,
I see tial is like half the price of the hks.

Which is preferable and better? No bad affects from installing either?
Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I bought mine at CP-E. The Tial and the HKS BOV requieres at least the cold side pipe to fit them, which makes them more costly than a Turbosmart that is direct replacement of the stock BPV. You should listen to the sounds they produce and make your choice based on price and sound. There's also BPV spacers that doesn't cost a lot but the sound is not so great in my opinion.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine at CP-E. The Tial and the HKS BOV requieres at least the cold side pipe to fit them, which makes them more costly than a Turbosmart that is direct replacement of the stock BPV. You should listen to the sounds they produce and make your choice based on price and sound. There's also BPV spacers that doesn't cost a lot but the sound is not so great in my opinion.

Which do you think is the sweeter sound for a dd? If price was the same.

Is there any loss in efficiency for cars mpg or power or any ill effect? I mean changing from stock recirculating to one of these

Also, which one is more reliable long term? I don’t want to do any maintenance, I read something about turbosmart requiring periodic taking apart to clean or something.

Hoping these don’t require that.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
Sound wise, the HKS has that sweet sound that has been around for years. But it's the one that cost the most. I chose this one.

MPG should stay the same. It might cost a little more when you first install it because you'll make it blow more often! And you might lose 5 hp because when it vent to atmosphere, it doesn't recirculate the air as the stock BPV does.

I think for the long term, they should all be reliable. And for maintenance, it's good to clean the inside spring once in a while. I'd say say every 2-3 years depending of how much you roll your car.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
With hks and cpe your paying for sound and brand recognition. Should not throw any codes, I believe it should just be simple bolt ons. You can save about $ 200 going with another brand but there is no wrong answer. Whatever works best for you and your budget

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
But won’t make engine run lean or rich or any conditions that are bad for engine? Just a slight bit of air not being recirculated is only loss?

The cpe- hks ssqv kit is like $600

Is this a high quality kit? Best one for my stang? Also is it an absolute pain to install or nah?

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-exhale-hks-bov-kit/
From what I've read, on the Mustang it won't affect the air/fuel ratio. I bought the CP-E - HKS kit. It took 90 mins to install and the kit was very complete. Everything needed was there.
Will a check engine light be thrown? Reason I ask isn’t there a ecu sensor or something on stock stuff? Idk

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-exhale-hks-bov-kit/

the review on here says causing CEL. is this true? I'm stock tune
I bought from Turbosmart a CEL defender, the price is low and I have no CEL that appeared.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the part # for the HKS one? We can see if we can beat the lowest price you've found.

-Josh
The problem isn't the BOV but the cool side pipe and the block plate for the hot side.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a sound clip of your car? Since you have exactly what I am wanting.

I would be spending $600+ for the set up. Makes me weery lol

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)

It's not mine, but it's the exact same sound.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I am interested in it, I sent a message but might as well post here for others to know too. I love the sound, but if I want to be quiet, will it still chirp or flutter in vacuum and not boost? like going gentle throttle between shifting not building into boost.

Is there any downsides to this? other than if I have an issue with warranty I need to put oem back on, and I assume isn't too hard.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
Ford shouldn't make any trouble with this mod. I won't be removing it when I go the dealer.

Smooth shift, windows down, you'll hear a bit of air going out but not that much. Windows closed, you barely hear it.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Can you get different fins for different chirp pitches? I read that HKS has diff fin options. idk if they come with it or you have to buy additional.
Sponsored