Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Apologies for the tangent. Let me try to steer this back.

attachment.jpg

Chaz - I much prefer your spoiler-less look. The trunk deck of the S550 looks to be significantly improved by losing much of its height and bulk. For that fact, it's better left unadulterated in my opinion.
How do these keep getting better and better? If the 2015 mustang looks similar to a lot of these recent renders, it will be a very sexy car. If it has a 500 hp 5.0 (as car and driver stated) it will be as hot as 25 year old Sophia Vergera making out with Scarlett Johansen while making out with me. Which to my way if thinking is pretty damn sexy.
Sponsored

crazyfastfreddy

i think the 'kicked up' curvy hips looks very euro. it's on tons of euro cars and even asian ones like the brz/frs. not to say it doesn't look good. im just remembering the original stang had euro cues too.

i think some article somewhere said the 15 design was scrapped early on for not being mustang enough. maybe it was the more euro front end combined with the hips that made it that way..... and one of these got removed :shrug:

imo if it left the curvy hips it would REALLY look like an aston. maybe too much soo.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
In 2010 Ford gave Mustang fans the type of hips it hadn't seen since 1973. How many here are actually old enough to have seen the '73 as a contemporary? Most grew up with nothing but flat siide lines and (at best) flat hips until the last 3 years and yet we still hear repeated as fact that the Mustang is supposed to have this styling feature.

Actually the 71-73's had Neither Hips, Nor a C-Scoop/Hockey Stick, something else so many Claim is A Must Have to be a "True Mustang" My first Experience with a Mustang was My Mom's Brand New, 73 Mach 1 (Nearly Identical to the blue one above), so Yes I remember it as being Contemporary. I also learned to drive in another 73 Mach1 that She bought in the 80's Iike this Yellow One.

I also had My own 73 Mach 1 project car at the same time. That looked exactly like this Saddle Bronze one.
1973+Mach+1+(1).jpg

I know a Lot of Mustang Fans that don't particularly care for the 71-73's either, but to me, those Mustangs were and still are Bad Ass Cars! Do I Love other Mustangs? Oh Yeah, I'd love to have a Silver Blue 67 Fastback like this one...

Or a Turquoise 69 Mach 1 like this one...
comparo.jpg

And a Red and Black 71 Mach 1 has Always been a Dream Car for me since I saw Diamonds are Forever as a Kid...

But I have to say, I Seriously Want a 2015 if they look even close to this... Because the 2015 combines Elements from All of Those Classics in a Fresh Modern Way, with Todays Build Quality, Performace, and Comfort and Conveniences.
attachment.jpg
69 SCW Mach 1 001.JPG

Maestro5.0

Spoiler from the rear:
Sydney-Event-Reveal-2015-Ford-Mustang-convertible-front-three-quarters.jpg

Definitely has this kind of feel to me.

Also, I know some people have an issue with the louvered taillights and I do as well. I say this understanding that Chaz is going for accuracy here, but for me I think if the lights were a little more louvered/overlapping it would be perfect. Either more overlapping or make the flat part of the lights fatter if that makes sense.

There's just too much spacing between the lights right now. I know those that have seen it said you can reach your hand in there, but this makes it look like an entire arm would fit. Increasing the overlap/size of the lights or simply pulling the lights closer together to decrease the space would give it a more cohesive triple taillight setup IMO instead of looking like 3 separate lights on each side. Again, this is not about the renders but more about what I would suggest to Ford designers if this is indeed accurate.
SN95 mustang rear.jpg

Sponsored

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
Looks great

Personally, I like it with the rear spoiler, just my openion. Great job Chaz, looks great in Black too!!

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
Chaz the spoiler is a meh for me, but I do love your QWERTY braille keyboard interpretation of the reverse light. All jokes aside would it be possible for you to model the spoiler as more of a Roush/ducktail hybrid? I think that would flow better with the lines.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Come to think of it, I was being generous since the 74-78 didn't have hips either; it had a wavy beltline and a protruding character line running through the rear fenders but certainly not the hips people have been clamoring for.

For the record I'm not talking about which designs were good or classic. When you have 50 years of uninterrupted production and by my estimate 35 of those years did not have the type of curvy kicked-up hips at the rear quarters, at what point do people start redefining what a Mustang is supposed to look like. It's about an exception swallowing the rule. One generation (even if it's the first) does not define a car for the next 4 decades, and this is coming from an owner of a '69.

In 2010 Ford gave Mustang fans the type of hips it hadn't seen since 1973. How many here are actually old enough to have seen the '73 as a contemporary? Most grew up with nothing but flat side lines and (at best) flat hips until the last 3 years and yet we still hear repeated as fact that the Mustang is supposed to have this styling feature.
You are correct in that context. Of course, the Mustang doesn't have to have hips, and it has lacked them for most of its life. I think that most on this forum would prefer them, and feel that this is a classic element that should never have disappeared in the first place. Of course, that wouldn't have been as marketable in the late 70s. Now that the Mustang is becoming (fashionably) sexy and curvy, it's hard to go back. So, in '79, she was a lean girl without much curve--she's becoming a woman now... a hottie... hopefully a slightly temperamental one...

Horsewhipped

Threads
Reaction score
My first new car was a 73 Mach 1. Same color blue - optional mag wheels. Even back then I thought it was too large for a Mustang. After 8 years 3 paint jobs a set of crager deep dish mags, & 4 different exhausts, I sold it to my cousin who promptly wrapped it around a tree. Ahh good times The saddle color Mustang is actually a page from the 73 Brochure.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
For the record I'm not talking about which designs were good or classic. `

Just a thought... I think that Ford is actually trying to create a classic on this redesign, after merely interpreting a classic during generation V. Is this not the biggest and most anticipated reveal of any car they've had since the original? With so much credibility on the line, and at a time where their cars are typically best in class, Ford knows this has to be an amazing car.

Sponsored

Hemisedan

Threads
Reaction score
Apologies for the tangent. Let me try to steer this back.

attachment.jpg

Chaz - I much prefer your spoiler-less look. The trunk deck of the S550 looks to be significantly improved by losing much of its height and bulk. For that fact, it's better left unadulterated in my opinion.
Chaz, this really looking better and better all along, and I'm not areal fan of black. But the tai lights? I'm not sure about them. I like the pertruding out, but not so severely I think. It's just something is not right to me. The mild spoiler look good, but maybe a slight spoiler, built into the deck lid might work out a little better. Just a thought. Something done with the gas filler would be interesting too. And, to back this up, the spy shots all show a cover in the gas fill area.

J.Darcy

attachment.jpg

I absolutely love this one. I've never been big on white but if Ford could come out with a white metallic color option that looks this good I would definitely consider it.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I'll be the first to admit that the S197, even in its final 13-14 form is also quite bland on the side. Seeing it in person does help a bit when you can get a feel for the hips at different angles, but the profile is just blah. Maybe the 15 in person will not share the same fate these renders do, maybe it will I can't say. The flatness as you describe at the end is indeed part of the level stance, but it's also very much part of the straight and parallel body lines. The Camaro is flatter and sleeker but it has a profile I would not call boring.
This is bland? I guess it's a good thing that it's faster than heck!

Mriley

I love the car but yes, it is plain from the side. I agree with a few posts that the side view of these S550 renders looks more shapely than the 05-09. I do love the hips on the current ones but as Focustang wrote it is a modern interpretation of the 65 so it has the same type of hips. Cant keep redoing the same car so it's time for a different direction.
Sponsored