Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

GTsquid

You might be limiting just to mustangs but that shouldnt and isnt the case for every car. Look at the Jag F type, its looks is universally liked. We shouldnt have to "warm" up to the appearance rather love it from the get go.

11224827293_3f0a1a0ea3_h.jpg

That said it is warming up on me a lil bit at a time lol.
Here's the problem. The F type isn't an icon and the Mustang is, and even worse, it's an AMERICAN icon which means people have very strong opinions if it gets too close to looking like "other" cars out there. A lot of resistance to change among us.

I agree the F type is a stunning car but let's say the design was for the S550 and not Jaguar. Many would love it but others would still be bitching about how it's too European and not muscular enough etc etc.

An icon comes with baggage is all I'm saying. Not to mention we still have some Mustang fans that think the solid axle should continue on forever. How can you ever satisfy that crowd with a totally radical new and modern design?
Sponsored

WRC

attachment.jpg

Love the DHG versions!

But If you do a 360 view might want to go with a color that shows the lines better. Just a suggestion.

I'd love to see you guys attempt a nice CGI of one of the tuners like the ones Rampant did. Agree with Pill the base/GT is nailed down at this point. I dont know about everyone else but I wanna see what mods can do for this puppy!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I think people that says it looks too much like the '99-04 get stuck on the lights, while those that says it resembles the '05-14 see the grille more. The latter is clearly more "retro/classic" Mustang, while I feel the former is "too modern" (?).

I'm no fan of "slit eyes" on cars - for some reason I like the big headlights, and I love the round eyes of the '05-10 (I think? only issue I had was that they hid the round lamp behind a square "window" and then paired it with a round fog (GT)), and even the newer ones (which is more a step in the direction of the next generation "slit eyes" but still kept it's round eyed look).

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Grabber Orange

jjw added some mods to the splitter, rocker and rear valence. I've asked him for a black render and a white one, but first, he's going to update this one with some changes tonight. No promises.

edit: I added a faked black one.
grabberGT02.JPG
grabberGT01.JPG
blackGT01.JPG

Sponsored

crazyfastfreddy

man that trunk deck is tiny! almost looks like a hatch.

i think you guys said the dimensions should be about same as the current car..... so if true thats gota be just the roofline pushing back more?

GTsquid

Great work as usual guys! That rear 3/4 view reminds me of an Aston. Not a bad thing at all.

Looks awesome in black too partly because it matches with the side skirts and looks a little more muscular that way.

stangray11

Good question - the rear glass extends pretty far into the rear deck. Looks to be deeper than previous gen fastbacks.

Wondering how much trunk space will be compromised like this.

RIParker

Nice job chaz/jjw.

it looks like you lowered the car or more ground effects. Good changes.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Hey guys, I would just like to say first off, this is my first post to this thread, secondly, you guys have done a great job at rendering this new Mustang :thumbsup:. There are probably a few minor details that will show different of the production model when it unveiled, but for what its worth, thanks. I have remained optimistic throughout this process, but when we saw the spy pics of the front end at the track I thought OMG this is not bad, but it is not breathtaking. It shows through these renders how much the little details matter in everything. I love the 60's Mustangs and the new ones (although they did have to grow on me a little). I just hope the new ones are more impressive leading into the future!

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I'm not really digging the rockers on these latest versions. They remind me of the Leg/Lake Pipes on 70's Corvettes.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
All the mods I did to the splitter, rockers and rear valance were very quick and dirty last minute things I did before bed last night. They will get better.

tslim

Looks great in black fellas, good job. Every time I see that attached quarter window design it brings a smile. It looks oodles better than current mustangs.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Saw this posted on a different forum today. It looks more real vs a render, but it's low quality. Any ideas?

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Chaz, what happened to those rear lights you modeled.... the lights look a little 'fake' compared to the rest of it. Why are we back to the watermelons when you already brought us the steak? :D
Sponsored