jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Exactly.

I believe this little exercise was meant to show in part how a "pretty" render based on the same exact model would be viewed more positively by others (a la some of the reactions to the Car & Driver render). People were comparing renders from, by chazcron's own admission, someone who does this as a hobby versus a professional who does this for a living/hired by Car & Driver and given weeks to complete for a magazine.

With this collaboration here it levels the playing field more and I can definitively say that I like the chazcron/jjw version more. The front comparison is close, but the Car & Driver version loses me past the front fender. Also, the sleekness of the roofline is a huge win on chaz's version.
Nail on head :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I have to agree that I like the work jjw and Chaz have done better than the C&D stuff. That being said I'm still hoping the actual car grabs me as so far it's just not.

Horsewhipped

Threads
Reaction score
Great rendering, but I still don't like the overall vibe of the front end... especially the headlights.

I couldn't agree more. If in fact this is what the front clip of the 2015 Mustang looks like, It doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Borrows too heavily from the 94-04 front end.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
anybody remember this 05 render from way back when?

112_0109_ponycar_lead.jpg

blah..agreed with above posts, front isnt doing it for me..looks like a recylced 94-04 and kinda resembles the above pic

Sponsored

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
I believe this little exercise was meant to show in part how a "pretty" render based on the same exact model would be viewed more positively by others (a la some of the reactions to the Car & Driver render)...
I feel it is more that people got used to the design, not that a rendering made it any less comparable to other vehicles. It's not like you walk outside and suddenly your wife/girfriend look like a different person because the light is different.

This happens with every new vehicle though. It starts out and people hate it. Then, as time goes on, they appreciate more and more. I can remember the exact same reactions for every single model since the New Edge cars. All the beloved designs we have now - the 05, 13, etc. all started out being hated by the online communities. It is just that this time, that was done virtually, instead of with the actual vehicle.

So, Ford probably should thank Chaz for allowing people to get used to the design before it is revealed. :)

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I feel it is more that people got used to the design, not that a rendering made it any less comparable to other vehicles. It's not like you walk outside and suddenly your wife/girfriend look like a different person because the light is different.

This happens with every new vehicle though. It starts out and people hate it. Then, as time goes on, they appreciate more and more. I can remember the exact same reactions for every single model since the New Edge cars. All the beloved designs we have now - the 05, 13, etc. all started out being hated by the online communities. It is just that this time, that was done virtually, instead of with the actual vehicle.

So, Ford probably should thank Chaz for allowing people to get used to the design before it is revealed. :)
You might be limiting just to mustangs but that shouldnt and isnt the case for every car. Look at the Jag F type, its looks is universally liked. We shouldnt have to "warm" up to the appearance rather love it from the get go.

11224827293_3f0a1a0ea3_h.jpg

That said it is warming up on me a lil bit at a time lol.
2014-Jaguar-F-Type-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Sponsored

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
You might be limiting just to mustangs but that shouldnt and isnt the case for every car...
Your right, I was specifically referring to the Mustang crowd. Brand new cars don't usually count though because they don't have current customers who are emotionally invested in the previous generation's design.

In any case, I was just saying what has happened over the years and how some people are now saying it doesn't look like an Accord any more, even though the lines of the vehicle never changed -- merely their reactions to it.

Besides, this is design we are talking about -- there is no universal, "that is beautiful", "that is not". Everyone looks at it differently and even that can change over time. Heck, I remember when the Vector was the coolest car I had ever seen :D.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
You might be limiting just to mustangs but that shouldnt and isnt the case for every car. Look at the Jag F type, its looks is universally liked. We shouldnt have to "warm" up to the appearance rather love it from the get go.

11224827293_3f0a1a0ea3_h.jpg

That said it is warming up on me a lil bit at a time lol.

I would have sex with the F type. Too bad Jag's reliability still kinda sucks.

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
The Vector WAS cool.......of course, back then, I had lots of hair and less blubber around my middle.

I could never fit into a Vector now...or a 240Z, or an RX-7 for that matter.

Steve
Sponsored