Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

OKCfan

Thanks for the updates Chaz, been following this thread regularly. :thumbsup:

Latest one needs a little something but can't tell exactly what... maybe the bumper needs to come down a little lower or whole front end and hood could be angled down more (seems really flat)?
Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Great work Chazcron. You have some real talent with the digital rendering. Keep up the good work.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The more I look at these renders, the more I feel the front end's total design "likability" resides solely on the headlights.

I'm getting one, regardless.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Yeah, truly need a whisper about the headlights. I am confident about the location of the bumper, but I recently shortened the overhang by scaling the front end back to match the spy side shot It is still a guess, because there is camo over it, which gives doubt over how much overhang there really is. I have been feeling like the front end was too long. the wireframe still matches up with the front spy shot.

With respect to lowering, that's a hard call. I'm looking into the wheel size now.

Roadkill

Threads
Reaction score
If u look @ the new Mustang it looks like a Seahorse, but if u look @ it rite n the face it does look like a Cobra,,,,,& has anybody noticed that the grill of all the Ford's car lineups started from the Ecoboost Fusion??

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
If u look @ the new Mustang it looks like a Seahorse, but if u look @ it rite n the face it does look like a Cobra,,,,,& has anybody noticed that the grill of all the Ford's car lineups started from the Ecoboost Fusion??
:lol: A Seahorse?

I think the grill started from the 2007 GT500 which was taken from the '68 Mustang's. The Mustang inspired the EVOS Concept (around 2007-'08), the S550 started work in 2008. The Fusion was started in 2009-'10 so, if anything, the EVOS is responsible for the new look... That was communicated in Frankfurt in 2011 when the EVOS was first shown.

No surprise.

NRMStand

I think we need to be careful taking the proportions and dimensions of the spy photos too literally. It's clear these were taken from quite a distance away and there is a fair amount of distortion with these long telescopic lenses. I think it is very apparent from the squished look of the pictures of the car head-on.

Regardless, very nice work, chazcron. Hopefully the next photos can flesh this out some more.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I think we need to be careful taking the proportions and dimensions of the spy photos too literally. It's clear these were taken from quite a distance away and there is a fair amount of distortion with these long telescopic lenses. I think it is very apparent from the squished look of the pictures of the car head-on.

Regardless, very nice work, chazcron. Hopefully the next photos can flesh this out some more.

Ironically, the longer the lens and the more the compression is better for me, as it is closer to an orthographic (pure) front view. It has less perspective distortion. I have compensated for the fact that the front shot is 5 degrees above perfect horizontal. I have a 3D camera in my rendering window that approximates the distance and compression. Since we have a near 3/4 shot as well, this gives me a good idea of whether or not I have compensated for the distortion. I am satisfied with most everything as my renders are lining up with both the front and 3/4 spy. I also have a side view that I can cross-check with. The only thing I can't reconcile is the angle of the grill bars.

That said, I am having lots of difficulty reconciling all those views, especially as I am starting the windshield, but I feel I am pretty close.

Busy at work, so no progress until tonight.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Made me have to sneak a render at work. This is the first time I have overlaid the 3Q (three quarter view) shot over my render. I can now see some things I need to adjust. Wheel wells need to move back (headlight longer too), making more front overhang. wheels need to be slightly smaller. The first hood crease needs to be slimmer. the hood length is spot on, as is the windshield. lower scoop needs to angle back a little more.

DHG_3_4.jpg

MULTI_STANG.jpg

image.jpg
3Q2.gif
3Q2.jpg
FrontPersp.jpg

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I really like that first image view. Nice aggressive front.

Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
It looks great Chazcron. The only thing I would suggest is to check the angle along the top of the windshield. Look closely at that 2nd image where it shifts between the spy shot and the render. Now look at the top left corner of the windshield or what would be the passenger side of the car. Notice how the render cuts the length of the windshield short, giving it an odd corner effect. I only noticed it because I'm an artist myself although I work with old school oils and pencil etc etc. Regardless, it's just a perspective issue. Take a look at that top left corner of the windshield and see if you notice what I'm talking about. At any rate, your talent with the digital rendering is very impressive, keep up the good work.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I have noticed that, but mostly attribute it to my fake camera not being exactly aligned in focal length angle and perspective with the real camera. I just hacked that windshield in there this morning. I am using a spy shot with the correct side angle of the windshield, so it is close, but even that shot isn't a straight on isometric shot. It will get modified as I add the rest of the roof, the b-pillar etc.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
When can we see a bigger picture of your avatar, ArtRios?
I been really bussy at work, I ll see if I can finish it sometime. There is really much I can add until we see more revealing pictures, my avar is just speculation. :shrug:

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Made the wheel adjustment. Getting closer.

I know the body roll from cornering is why the left front is higher, but will leave it lower on the right front, because everybody loves it lower.
3Q2_B.gif
Sponsored