Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Prodigy

A lot of progress! :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that quarter window is more like the one in the gray render. The chopped off end looks less modern-ish to me. I'm thinking it will be more pointed and have an Evos vibe to it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
They aren't visible here, but I've started the mirrors and taillights. And I actually modeled that grille pony. The new spy pix show that at least the HIDs are located at the outside of the headlight bucket, and the DRLs look to be three maybe four rectangles surrounded by orange reflectors. I'll take a closer look later. Not getting near as much feedback as I thought with these latest renders.
Fronte.jpg

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Wow great job chaz! This is my favorite one yet. Looks like you gave it some nice polish and shine.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if its going to be a lift back with fold down seats as opposed to a conventional trunk space.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I love it, chaz. Really nice work.

If I may, there's just one thing that looks like it needs tweaking. The spy shots seemed to show that when viewing straight on, the headlights were longer and more of it is visible. I'm not sure if that means the lights need to be stretched or if the grille needs to be shortened to occupy less of the front fascia.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
This is a pretty wide angle lens render, I will check my rotoscopes, though. Thanks for the input. Here is an orthographic render with the 2005 as a comparison.
Front-Ortho.gif

StangFX

Good stuff. Another thing I noticed is the outter edge of your fog light opening goes straight up and it's very thin. The spy pics show that the opening actually angles outwards from the top which creates a little wedge shape against the fender.... if I'm making sense. Very minor stuff tho. I really like it.

wvulkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Looks a little like what I was wishing a new Cougar looked like back in 2007, took the design elements from the Mercury Messenger concept.
2007_Cougar_XR_7.JPG

zerot

They aren't visible here, but I've started the mirrors and taillights. And I actually modeled that grille pony. The new spy pix show that at least the HIDs are located at the outside of the headlight bucket, and the DRLs look to be three maybe four rectangles surrounded by orange reflectors. I'll take a closer look later. Not getting near as much feedback as I thought with these latest renders.

attachment.jpg

Looks great. I do agree with others that it should be widened a bit and the fascia seems to flare out more. I think it's mostly the headlights that should be stretched... they appear to be pretty long in the spy shots.

Looking at the spy pics the HID lamps are at the very edge and the buckets look like they could fit about 3x the width of the lamps.

DarkAgent10

Don't forget the last spy pics and the ones before that are two probably 2 different models so there could be some miner changes in lights depending on which one you are rendering.

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
It's hard to really tell about headlight width. I will say that the headlights in your render appear a bit more rounded and the spy pic and evos concept appear more straight. I mean if viewing from the top down. If my description isn't clear I can make a crude model of what I mean if you don't mind me posting a pic in your thread.

You work and progress are looking great though. Also have you gotten any info on the rear or are you just putting some of your own ideas out there? Good work.

I saw the 2015 SVT was caught out testing. Care to guess what's under the camo.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
It's hard to really tell about headlight width. I will say that the headlights in your render appear a bit more rounded and the spy pic and evos concept appear more straight. I mean if viewing from the top down. If my description isn't clear I can make a crude model of what I mean if you don't mind me posting a pic in your thread.

You work and progress are looking great though. Also have you gotten any info on the rear or are you just putting some of your own ideas out there? Good work.

I saw the 2015 SVT was caught out testing. Care to guess what's under the camo.
Feel free to post images at will. Bastardize my renders at will. I'm sure there are many versions out there, but I don't feel like trying to guess at what the fender vents look like in my version at this time.

BlueVenom

attachment.jpg

Cool animation. The 2005 was definitely more boxy but got rounder and curvier with the refreshes. One thing really noticeable when looking at this is how much more open everything is now - the grills, headlights, fog opening, even the side mirrors. Besides good design it should provide some nice functionality too with airflow.

Nice work on this BTW. I enjoy following this thread.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
After a lot of finessing of the camera angle and lens focal length, I lined up the current model with the spy shot. I am shocked at how well it lines up. I adjusted the size of the wheels (they were too large) but you can see they don't line up because of the body roll. From this, i can confirm I need to narrow the lights and push the grille and lower rear out further. (still haven't modeled the exhaust valance.)

Mriley

Nice work sir.

I think one of the issues here is a still render of a car in motion, and not just in motion but it looks to be diving and rolling on the track, which I think is affecting the stance it's representing. Couple that with the fact that we're viewing this through the telescopic lens and as you said there could be major distortion.

Judging by the more level stance we've seen in pictures taken when the car was parked it looks like the spy picture you used above is too forward leaning and the dive is making the beltline and rear end angle upwards. It's fine if we want to portray the car in motion and not on level ground but if you look at the spy pic, the ground is higher on the right than the left side of the car. It could be an issue of perspective or the ground is leaning slightly downhill. Your render levels the ground which makes it look like this is its idle stance.

That's the only thing throwing me off right now.... and the fact that the spy shot angle is making the rear wheels look huge compared to the front one. Again, not sure if its the dive/roll, camera, or both.
Sponsored