Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
double bubbles... sorry that's just ugly IMO so I guess I'm getting the convertible ;)
Sponsored

MYs197

Have you seen the new Aston V12 Zagato? It's got a slight double bubble and the roof line looks beautiful. As long as they don't overdo it I think it can look good.

grabberGT05.JPG
Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_(6146788587).jpg

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
If done right, the double bubble roof would look good. I think to be successful though, the hood lines should line up to the roof indentation to carry that from front to back. I also am hopeful Ford will lose the drip rails on the roof panel, giving the car a cleaner look.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Reports say there is quite a bit chopped on the rear end. I like a woman with a big a** but not a sports car lol. I think its a great thing. I love the look of the 2010 and up cars but I do remember seeing the side view from the stands at a drag strip and thinking the rear was too big.The proportions of a car can look very different up close vs seeing them from a distance. Its a tough task to make a car look good from every angle and any distance.

If the wheelbase stays the same looks like it might loose some trunk space but passenger room could stay the same. I might be alone here but I wouldn't mind seeing a hatch back to add some practicality.

Sponsored

fastback69

This is the best render of the back end that I've seen. Any whispers to indicate this is accurate, chazcron?

I'm looking forward to the evolution of your 3D models to this level of refinement. It's looking real nice.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I take whispers at face value. I tend to believe them. The whisperers like what I've made so far, but you only need to be off a little here and there and it may be correct, but not accurate, giving it a "can't put my finger on it" feeling. I am making progress, but for each step, I have to readjust much about what I've done already. I am finding that overlaying what I've done with the 3View of the 2005, with the wheelbase the same, it is, apparently, has a little shorter front overhang, a greatly reduced rear overhang, and noticeably wider. That said, in my rear render, it gives the appearance that the fastback goes all the way to the spoiler but it does not. Keep in mind that the rear clip in the render below has not been massaged yet. Something off about it. Also the rear wheel well is photoshopped. Obviously the headlights and fogs are a rushed hack.
Low.jpg

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Looking good, chop that rear just like that. I hope it is very short. Need trunk space? Buy a fusion

Edit: I mean front end engine room and interior room are number one. This is a mustang.

J.Darcy

That's a pretty short rear overhang.

With all the talk of a long hood short deck, when you look at the original mustang, that rear overhang is actualy much longer than the front overhang. I mean it has a massive ass. It really wasn't until the Fox that cut it down some..... but it came right back with the SN95/S197. I agree it should get a haircut in the back but the rear overhang is very much part of the Mustang silhouette..... can't get rid of it altogether.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Eyy Chaz, hope you don't mind but I made the taillights a little more appealing to myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Feel free. Looks like what I would do when I actually model them. I'm licking my wounds after losing 45 minutes of work making a nice rear wheel well. Dag. I've got to save more often.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Feel free. Looks like what I would do when I actually model them. I'm licking my wounds after losing 45 minutes of work making a nice rear wheel well. Dag. I've got to save more often.
Damn man I heard that...

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
What'd you do, just tightened up the lights?
Pretty much. Made them shorter but increased the width, it was really just bugging me enough that I had to chop it up.

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
I like it. I would also remove the line/crease on the lower quarter.
Sponsored