• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Great modeling.

Closest you guys will get before reveal.

The model is slightly a little too flat and upright in the front. Very subtle but makes a bit of a difference

Think the black plastic insert used in the upper intake is a little too thick (lower edge)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great modeling.

The model is slightly a little too flat and upright in the front. Very subtle but makes a bit of a difference

Think the black plastic insert used in the upper intake is a little too thick (lower edge)
Good to know, thanks Jem.....especially about the lower bit of the grille as that is my only real complaint at the 'mo :)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I had to do an outdoors environment shot. I also wanted to showcase the difference between a regular lens and a zoom lens. I know Ace has schooled the forum before.

Zoom_Lens.jpg

Standard_Lens.jpg

Edit: I haven' t done one in black yet.

Back_in_Black.jpg
This one is much better in the grille area for me.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I had to do an outdoors environment shot. I also wanted to showcase the difference between a regular lens and a zoom lens. I know Ace has schooled the forum before.
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1660321253780

The Black makes all the difference! Imagine the Plastic as Gloss Black (or Body Color) and I can accept that. What I don't accept are the Headlights. The Lower Corner Grilles are just too Big. Might as well go back to a Round Headlight and put Round (BIG ROUND) Fog Lights in the Lower Corner Grilles. If you're going with S197, you might as well go all-the-way!

But . . . Will it Match the Roof, Sides and Rear?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The Lower Corner Grilles are just too Big
but Porsche did it, and Civic did it, so the unimaginative designers at Ford have to copy-cat.
The 3 square element lights was done by BMW and Kia, so Mustang must copy-cat as well? How about an original thought?

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! lifestyle_2015_93-0082_004

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! mustang-green-paint-color-codes_26bad8b4

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 33772016

Lol, this green one is the picture that sells what the overall may end up being in the end as possibly awesome.

But like I mentioned before with both the initial leaks and the interior...man do I ever see so much of a Fox in there with that front end. It's a highly stylized and very slight nod just to the overall shapes/lines/geometry and numbers/angles/placement of things on the Fox front end. Merge that with the overall modern form, the overall industry trends that are big right now, and style of the S550 and that looks to me like what we're getting lol. I'm honestly hoping that Ford is really going to go there too with the rest of the car and give it an S550 with Fox cues type of vibe. I see a lot of the hotted-up Fox models, like the Saleen in the S650 GT, and the factory Ford models in the S650 Ecoboost front end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Great modeling.

Thanks, Jem.

I aim for accuracy over fancy. I don't know if you viewed my walkaround animation, but I thought I'd share an overlay of my S550 orthographic reference. If it still sits on the S550, where is it too tall or too flat? I know all too well that being just a little wrong here and there can make all the difference, but I think I have it lined up pretty well.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! GTO_Overlay
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Sangside
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! BaseOverlay

Now I completely understand if you can't put your finger on why mine doesn't ring completely right. Especially when evidence of my many inaccuracies are right here.

I'd appreciate any additional specific details you could add. I'll do my best to incorporate them.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
but Porsche did it, and Civic did it, so the unimaginative designers at Ford have to copy-cat.
The 3 square element lights was done by BMW and Kia, so Mustang must copy-cat as well? How about an original thought?
Idk, the tri-bar lights are an evolution of the s550 front tri-bar LEDS. Which were in turn inspired by the metal stampings of the original mustang. So I don't think they're ripping off Kia and BMW with those design elements. The lower intakes look badass imo, and appear to be heavily influenced by the mach-1 more than anything else.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
lifestyle_2015_93-0082_004.jpg

mustang-green-paint-color-codes_26bad8b4.jpg

33772016.jpg

Lol, this green one is the picture that sells what the overall may end up being in the end as possibly awesome.

But like I mentioned before with both the initial leaks and the interior...man do I ever see so much of a Fox in there with that front end. It's a highly stylized and very slight nod just to the overall shapes/lines/geometry and numbers/angles/placement of things on the Fox front end. Merge that with the overall modern form, the overall industry trends that are big right now, and style of the S550 and that looks to me like what we're getting lol. I'm honestly hoping that Ford is really going to go there too with the rest of the car and give it an S550 with Fox cues type of vibe. I see a lot of the hotted-up Fox models, like the Saleen in the S650 GT, and the factory Ford models in the S650 Ecoboost front end.
I think you just pointed out why, for most part, I don't like this front end. I couldn't put my finger on it until now ... it has fox body vibes. Whew, I can can get some sleep now.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks, Jem.

I aim for accuracy over fancy. I don't know if you viewed my walkaround animation, but I thought I'd share an overlay of my S550 orthographic reference. If it still sits on the S550, where is it too tall or too flat? I know all too well that being just a little wrong here and there can make all the difference, but I think I have it lined up pretty well.

Now I completely understand if you can't put your finger on why mine doens't ring completely right. Especially when evidence of my many inaccuracies are right here.

I'd appreciate any additional specific details you could add. I'll do my best to incorporate them.
Your base model fascia render is probably 98% accurate… I would just ignore everyone at this point. 😉

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
lifestyle_2015_93-0082_004.jpg

mustang-green-paint-color-codes_26bad8b4.jpg

33772016.jpg

Love this car and color. And the 93 teal cobras. And most foxes.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Love this car and color. And the 93 teal cobras. And most foxes.
The interior spy shots scream Fox; that would be a shocker if it somehow wasn't the case in the end. I really think it's about time for Ford to go there and it really could work well. We're not getting a notchback or anything truly Fox-like, lol, but I bet it has a ton of subtle cues tossed all over and some Fox talk in the marketing if so.

It would be fun and everything else has been done to death as far as 60s Mustang glory days go. If they ever go there, now is basically the right time for it. I want those really loud 80s and 90s colors on it too.
Sponsored