Sponsored

Chassis stiffness and flexing on inclines

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
It sure makes a world of difference when done right. My garage floor has a very cheap epoxy job supplied by the builder. If you look at it wrong it might start chipping. It definitely can’t handle having anything dropped on it. Our previous house had the garage floor done right like yours. My current garage has been through a lot because of incompetent tradesmen. It looks nice out there, but the floor is some ish.
RaceDeck was great except being up north with the salt and my wife daily driving the seams in the RD tiles would get salt crystals and it drove me nuts. You wouldn’t have that issue in FL
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
RaceDeck was great except being up north with the salt and my wife daily driving the seams in the RD tiles would get salt crystals and it drove me nuts. You wouldn’t have that issue in FL
Yeah, that might be my next move.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
My AWD Edge ST also doesn't flex much and it freaks out when I (sometimes intentionally) hit an angle and incline simultaneously. The Mach? Lol if I hit a pebble it's on three wheels 🤣

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yeah mine lifts the same way, haven't had any issues. Makes funny noises with the torsen diff but no biggie I would not worry. These cars can take on a full lunch from stop just fine this is childs play for the drive train/suspension.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Should you find yourself in a situation where you have one rear wheel off of the ground while crossing a steep roadway/driveway transition and the car stops just apply a bit of E Brake and you can easily drive on. The differential will do what it is designed to do.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
So, I'm curious... At my work, we have quite a large transition from the roadway into the parking lot. I definitely have to hit it slow on an angle coming and going. But I make it without scraping luckily. I've noticed the chassis is so stiff that one of the rear tires actually leaves the ground when I make the angle and go across the drive. I then feel the rear seems to jerk a little. I'm guessing from the torsen diff. Anyone else notice this? Anything detrimental about the one wheel leaving the ground on the drivetrain and such?
I want to see this incline that you clear the front spliter but the IRS wheel droop isn't enough to stay on the ground.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I have also experienced this situation repeatedly at the entry to a specific restaurant. Rear droop = zero. With the snow tires, I would probably benefit from disconnecting the rear swayba because the inside rear is always trying to spin. Too bad I won’t.

Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Not to hurt anyone's feelings, because the S550 is a lot stiffer than older pony cars, but.... my '94 F-body hardtop did all of these things and that was before it had subframe connectors.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Just wanna have fun on Friday and say that my Mach 1 doesn't just flex on inclines 💪