Sponsored

Charity Run in Basingstoke/Cars 3

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Would anybody be interested in some sort of charity run/thing to a cinema in Basingstoke for the release of Cars 3 in a couple of weeks? I was thinking something along the lines of a little cruise with some kids from Naomi House Hospice to the cinema to watch the film? Just trying to get an idea on interest.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Would anybody be interested in some sort of charity run/thing to a cinema in Basingstoke for the release of Cars 3 in a couple of weeks? I was thinking something along the lines of a little cruise with some kids from Naomi House Hospice to the cinema to watch the film? Just trying to get an idea on interest.
Depending on day/time you're thinking of I maybe able to come down. Especially as my car is obviously Lightning McQueen (Actually, there's a guy on the forum who has a car that's been stickered up to look like LMQ)

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Depending on day/time you're thinking of I maybe able to come down. Especially as my car is obviously Lightning McQueen (Actually, there's a guy on the forum who has a car that's been stickered up to look like LMQ)
You gotta get that guy to do it.

Long haul for me but will do if you dont get any interest.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I've posted on SMUK as well but not yet contacted the cinema or any charities.

Timewise was thinking (if it's on the thursday premiere night) of around a1930ish screening, but that's obviously dependent on what's best for all concerned.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
If it's with children, presumption is they'll need to be accompanied by a responsible guardian, etc?

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Lovely idea, and if it was a weekend, would be up for it.
But just to far for a evening,
sorry
I'm sure the cinema would be up for it, great publicity for them, and even the local press would be interested,

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If it's with children, presumption is they'll need to be accompanied by a responsible guardian, etc?

I guess that would depend on how trusting the parents are.

Alternatively there doesn't have to be passenger rides. I'm sure we could organise something so the charity just put a free screening on for the kids while we all just have a drive out and turn up for some pics! :D

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm sure the cinema would be up for it, great publicity for them, and even the local press would be interested,
This was my thinking. Everyone's a winner.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
very good point
I was surprised when we done the RAF Lyneham Charity 2 weeks back, the kids had to be put in the car and taken out of the car by the marshalls
And when you do Charity runs which involves going on the public roads, you are told if you break down, you park up then phone the marshalls who will come out to you, you do not leave the car or get the child out of the car. you have to be so carful these days

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
very good point
I was surprised when we done the RAF Lyneham Charity 2 weeks back, the kids had to be put in the car and taken out of the car by the marshalls
And when you do Charity runs which involves going on the public roads, you are told if you break down, you park up then phone the marshalls who will come out to you, you do not leave the car or get the child out of the car. you have to be so carful these days
especially with your car they may hop in the drivers seat ;)!

Cinema, let me know the address and such. I'll try and work backwards from that and the date, no idea when Cars 3 premier is so just googled it July 14th (Friday?)

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I'm often in Camberley as my business partner lives there so I'm sure I could tie this in with a visit there if it settles in on a date fairly soon.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Spoken to the cinema and the manager could only authorise a discounted private screen hire but asked me to email some details for him to forward to head office to see if they can do anything more. He said they were definitely interested though.

Have also emailed the charity Naomi House Hospice in Winchester to see what they say.

https://www.naomihouse.org.uk/