Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
The question is whether that control pack would work with everything else in his chassis....

NOTES: Supercharged versions, modified engines, and modified applications require custom calibration
Installation of this PCM in a 2018 Mustang GT will result in a no-start condition

I would think that a call to FP would answer all questions.
exactly, i know that i can't connect this with the mustang network, i will lost the dashboard and start it from the factory button, etc, but at least it will usable until a found the matched computers bundle!
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Diego, stop going in circles and call PBH now! Maybe they can solve your problem and get the car on the road.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
i just talked with PBH performance the guys never got something like this before!!! they will start to research about it and found any possible solution! will see...

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, I didn't think your situation would have gotten this bad. I thought the hard part was going to be getting the engine physically in the car. While the guys at PBH is researching this, your last resort might be this(shop around as there is probably a better price than this):

https://www.americanmuscle.com/aem-...grammable-engine-management-system-79117.html
(Has a video)

AEM Electronics Infinity 708 Stand-Alone Programmable Engine Management System
(79-20 All, Excluding EcoBoost)

There goes the "cheap" engine swap lol! But later on when you want to slap on a turbo, this system will work along with providing boost by gear, rolling anti-lag etc. You will want to contact AEM as this might not work with the dashboard, VCT etc on a street car.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Maybe I'm missing something but why not get the parts you need from the engine donor car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm missing something but why not get the parts you need from the engine donor car.
well... yeah you got late on this!! no worries, i will explain: the donor car is gone and lost trace by the guys that sold me the engine and they did not gave me the matching computers from that car, not sure why or how but after some problems that I had with those guys i lost communication with him and i never going to call back to him!! so i am stuck with this alone PCM, so far i could not found another donor car to get the computers, it is incredible hard to find it unfortunately.

so here i am trying to crank this baby up!!!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Well, I didn't think your situation would have gotten this bad. I thought the hard part was going to be getting the engine physically in the car. While the guys at PBH is researching this, your last resort might be this(shop around as there is probably a better price than this):

https://www.americanmuscle.com/aem-...grammable-engine-management-system-79117.html
(Has a video)

AEM Electronics Infinity 708 Stand-Alone Programmable Engine Management System
(79-20 All, Excluding EcoBoost)

There goes the "cheap" engine swap lol! But later on when you want to slap on a turbo, this system will work along with providing boost by gear, rolling anti-lag etc. You will want to contact AEM as this might not work with the dashboard, VCT etc on a street car.
naaah!! not an option, this is racing stuff, you will lost from the AC to others factory features not to mention that is not gonna control the 10 speed transmission, also they said that is not fully compatible with GEN 3 coyotes yet.
thank you anyways but ford performance control pack us cheaper and functional for my case!

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Diego, man I feel your pain and frustration. Good luck

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like bullshit. Why would Ford sell crate engines and the components you ordered if they do not allow the parts to be used in different cars.

Maybe your guy doesn't know how to do it, so he's making up stories...
actually i had a conversation yesterday with another tech guy from another ford dealer here at kendall, they have a Mustang division in their shop and he told me that yes! it is possible to program those computer manually without matching the AS-build files from the VIN# so he gave me a hope to get this done, i am waiting for the PCM from Garret Performance in Ohio which i have no response yet! or the new PCM that i order long time ago that is in back order from ford and is suppose to arrive first week of September, and bring the car to those guys!! which me luck guys!!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
update: i don't know if someone is heard something about a corrupted PCM!! :facepalm: well that is what the guy from Garret Performance in Ohio just told me about my PCM, he said that he could't do anything in my computer cause the program does not allow to him to change or do anything on it, he told me that maybe from the moment that was connected to a different network this could happens so in other words he can't do the normal procedure and the $220 that i paid for that was gone!! :crying: after more than 2 weeks here we are waiting for that corrupted PCM back without any solution on that side either.

next step is to wait for the brand new PCM and bring the car to the dealership in Kendall and see what's next...:headbang:

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I feel for ya brother, I really hope this all works out, I'm sure you're incredibly frustrated, but it'll all be worth it once you hear that thing fire up!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
hello guys!! finally some news: the PCM have arrived to the dealership and i already have the appointment to bring the car there this Saturday, so i am pretty exited about it, it is been a long time since this project started and i can't wait to see this engine running finally!

i will keep you post guys!!
Sponsored