Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
this is a mystery part in ford!!! lol, i took picture from a new GT in the show room to show to the people of part service and the tube says JR3B-19N651-BB as number part, you guys can believe that this doesn't exist in ford's database? i will put the photo of the part because it was in a difficult area to reach it, but i thing is clear the part number, can you guys confirm me this part number if you have a more clear shot??
20200620_104550.jpg
20200620_104938.jpg
I know this is a 2016 in this diagram but perhaps A/C lines didn't change between Gen 2 and 3 Coyotes? Does anything here help you out part number wise? https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par.../hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

Nice progress man! Hoping you get your security issue hammered out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
I know this is a 2016 in this diagram but perhaps A/C lines didn't change between Gen 2 and 3 Coyotes? Does anything here help you out part number wise? https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par.../hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

Nice progress man! Hoping you get your security issue hammered out.
thank you! but yeah that lines change in the GEN 3 or phase 2 s550, they change it i guess for easier access to this in order to service i guess, but is no record yet off this part in ford's part database! unbelievable..

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
another update: i just finished all the swap process, the wiring harness is working so far, i have all devices working together, now is matter of programming, the led of the star/stop bottom is blinking fast, that means that the anti-theft is engage, i have no idea how to program that key code to the ECU yet, trying to get some info about it but seems that it only can done using a especial scanner, not forscan! if anyone knows something about it let me know, it will appreciate, the cluster is working so good, i have the steering wheels bottoms working as well, i did install the catch can from MISHIMOTO for passenger and driver side, (driver side it is not available so i modified my old one from the EB and used the coyote plugs connectors) also the Radiator Hoses was changed and they are so nice, i love how this came out, the engine cover was customized too and it is awesome! the CAI was painted in red to match with the RedMus theme. the only thing that i did not found yet is the mystery AC line that i couldn't found new, so i'm still looking on junk yards for it.

so i can't wait to start this up!!! for now i will show you some photos:
20200623_172641.jpg
20200623_172632.jpg
20200623_172616.jpg
20200623_172556.jpg
20200623_163214.jpg
20200623_163209.jpg
20200623_163146.jpg
Awesome! Looks like you're getting close. Sorry no help on that condenser line. Is it possible to have a shop fabricate one with custom connections? Is it stainless steel? Make sure the materials match so you don't galvanic corrosion, or, isolate it properly w/ a gasket designed for the fluid. Also, don't forget to update the redline on your gauge cluster; the 2018 digital gauge shows 7,400 rpm, while the analog tach. that I have in my car shows what appears to be 7500 rpm. Ford indicates 7500 rpm in its Gen 3 Coyote documents as well. Up to you where to set it, I guess.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
hey everyone!!

here is the 3rd video and the first showing some steps of this swap! check this out:
Nice job man. This would be a daunting task for me, but you seem to have the know-how to make it happen! The biggest car project I've done is an engine swap as well, however, it was in my first car - a less complicated (but still electronic fuel injection) 1987 Camaro Z28. In 1997 my Dad and I swapped the stock 305 ci engine to the 350 ci engine of the same year, so there were no connection issues. I also didn't change the transmission, so everything bolted and connected right back up. Pretty straight forward swap. The only issue I ever had was with the new factory 350 chip module, the auto trans wouldn't lock into gear while cruising. It was annoying enough that I eventually swapped back in the 305 chip, and the car still run fine, buy maybe not optimally. Trans acted normal, though.

Looking forward to seeing the next video.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)

Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
update: the car is like 95% finished, so i'm waiting for another hoses for the radiator from MISHIMOTO, and finally i got ordered the AC tube that was missed, so waiting for that also, the programming progress is like 40% done! i started with the basic things like IPC, BCM, SSCM, PCM, etc, the cluster is a lot things programmed but still need works to do, i still have the 4X4 alert, "my key", "my color", "Tracks apps" and TPMS are still missing, i checked the IPS codes and i only got some from the IPC so i know all the main modules are communicating, the principal thing which is the PATS bypassing is not figured out yet, i have no info how to do it and still working on that, hopefully next week i will found someone that can do this part, so it is matter of computers and programing that is holding me to get this done 100%, it is crazy that the harder job it wasn't the engine installation or mechanical parts, but the programming instead!

all i know is that is not a problem to do it and it can be done, so stay tune next week when i post: "the coyote is running"

some photos with the engine bay 95% done and the car officially in the ground:
20200624_165124.jpg
20200624_165132.jpg

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Dude, I love this thread... good job! Care to share approximate costs of the swap? I'm just curious really

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Dude, I love this thread... good job! Care to share approximate costs of the swap? I'm just curious really
i will do, just waiting for the programmer to see how much this will cost, so that is yes for sure!!

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Time to yank it all out and start over....

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-73
this i a different kind of animal, i never ever will change a coyote running at 7500 rpm for a truck engine that only goes to 5500 rpm!!! sorry but it is a NO from me! LOL

not to mention that it will never fit in a mustang!! it is taller and the transmission housing different... another kind of platform.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Update: the car is done, i just waiting for someone that have IDS or something to program my old keys to the new ECU.

this waiting is frustrating!!

Reactions: R5L
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Update:

the car is back to home (but not in the way that i was expected) the car was just sitting in the shop and with no time to work in the programming i decided to tow it back to home and after doing some research i found out that i will need to reprogram the ECU or PCM, apparently this is very common when you buy a used ECU module or swap ECU to another vehicle, so you need to match the VIN and the Key codes, so the only way to do this is using the IDS software and the respective interface module, so i have two options: one is take it to the dealership and they can do it in 1 hour max, it will cost around $150, but due the long wait list i have a second option: buy the IDS interface module and do it by myself which i prefer 100% because first: i like to do this kind of things by my self, second: i'm not going to wait almost 5 days to work in my car 1 hour, third: i have to tow my car again to dealership and i suffer every time that this happens, forth: the module with the software cost me about the same and i will have this tool for future uses and five: because i couldn't found someone that have this module with the IDS software and be able to do this at my home and because why not learn more about it and do it your self and no depend of anybody else!! i already watch some videos of how to do this and seems like pretty straight with not much complications so... i just order the interface and will be here in a couple of days. if this work out like is suppose i will give you guys the link of the product if you guys are interested on it.
Sponsored