Sponsored

Changing Gears? You're gonna need one of these

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
If you've done a gear swap or plan on doing one on your 2015+ Mustang / F150 5.0L not only will you need your tune updated for the correct gear ratio but you also need to flash the body control module.

At the moment the only way to flash the body control module is with this device.

If you do a gear swap and only get your tune updated but not the body control module then your car will never run right. You'll not only throw a check engine code and go into failsafe mode but you also won't be able to drive the car without it acting up.

We used this same device on our Whipple Powered 2015 GT when we swapped gears and it was very easy to use and worked great.

The answer is the Whipple flare device. The new device is $275.00 and can be purchased from the link below.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/computer-1/whipple/whipple-2015-2016-mustang-f150-5-0l-axle-wheel-flare-device.html

Here's some of the features of the new device.

-Wheel/gear change capacity (nobody else in the industry can properly change this)
-Read/erase trouble codes
-Reset crank and cam

PC or laptop required, available for windows and MAC.

If you have any other questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105
Sponsored

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
How does this work? Is it just like a tuner where I have to load it on my computer? Or do I just change the gears in settings or something?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does this work? Is it just like a tuner where I have to load it on my computer? Or do I just change the gears in settings or something?
The Flare tool works like this. With the tool plugged into your car and your laptop you'll use the software to make the changes you'd like. Once you've made the changes it will flash through the device onto the body control module.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
This is super simple and will sell like hot cakes once the word gets out. The only way to change gear or tire size

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
I have one and can say, this is a must have! Even for just crank relearn and tire changes. For those with aftermarket wheels and tires, you can dial in speedo. Awesome product!!

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
How about some 4.10's for the PP?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I have one and can say, this is a must have! Even for just crank relearn and tire changes. For those with aftermarket wheels and tires, you can dial in speedo. Awesome product!!
Can I borrow yours? :) I'll be installing a new clutch in few weeks and don't want to buy one for a one-off and I don't have a SCT.

Smoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Will the Flare device only adjust the body control module? Would I still need a tuner to make changed to the PCM, or can all necessary changes to the cars computers be done just with the Flare device?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the Flare device only adjust the body control module? Would I still need a tuner to make changed to the PCM, or can all necessary changes to the cars computers be done just with the Flare device?
There are two different versions of the flare device. One that can flash the body control module, clear dtc's and make the other changes necessary for gear and tires sizes.

The other offers the same functions as well as the ability to flash the vehicle with the Whipple calibration. If you don't have a Whipple supercharger system and calibration than this version wouldn't work to flash the PCM with any other tune/cal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ill be using mine for this reason soon.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Ill be using mine for this reason soon.
Nice! Best part of this, is that the gear change takes less than 30 seconds with the flare tool. Seriously easiest thing I've done on this car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Can I borrow yours? :) I'll be installing a new clutch in few weeks and don't want to buy one for a one-off and I don't have a SCT.
The order page requires a VIN. I hope that isn't to marry the device to a specific car but wouldn't rule it out.
Sponsored