Sponsored

change oil before or after HPDE

Gstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Gray
2018 GT350 with 3000 miles on her. Did first oil change with 1200 miles. Upcoming 2 day HPDE at novice level.

Would you change oil before the 2 day event, only 1800 miles on the oil. Or do it after?
Would you bleed the breaks before? 6 month old car with 3000 miles (novice driver)?

Thanks
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would wait to change the oil or bleed the brakes, assuming you've only owned the car a short time (based on mileage and that it's a 2018). If you've had the car 9+ months I would consider bleeding the brakes.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
On track cars I always change the oil after. Brakes is another story. I bleed them before the event and sometimes after a run if they feel a little spongy. On tracks where the brakes see a lot of use, (heavy use) it is possible to over heat them and boil the fluid down close to the calipers, especially if you use dot 3 fluid.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Change the oil after a track day (don't forget the Trans and Diff per Ford's recommendations in the manual) and I don't bleed brakes unless there's something weird going on. Change brake fluid as required, but bleeding just to bleed them is not useful.
Sponsored