Change car's manual gearbox to automatic

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
I have 2019 GT Premium Plus Convertible with manual gearbox with rev matching and GT Performance Package with 3.73 TORSEN® Rear Axle.

I have driven the car over a year and it has 8000 miles.

I live in a traffic heavy area and it becomes harder and harder to enjoy the manual gearbox driving. I drive it like a luxury car which is fast.

I looking for experience stories and advice with changing the manual gearbox to the 10-speed automatic or any other automatic.

Ford does not offer the 3.73 rear axle with the automatic. Anybody would know the reason? Would this be a blocking problem?

Does anybody know how much would need to be changed to be able to install the 10-speed? Is it bolt on or new fastenings have to be added? How much electrical work should be made?

The 10-speed has paddle shifters. It's not a must, but wonder how much that additionally needs?

Please let me know if you have any experience with the change and what worked well and what did work or had problems during later use?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I know you don't want to hear this, but you're better off trading in the car for an automatic one. While it's not impossible, it's alot of work and expensive (3-5k easily).

Good news is the PP comes with an auto also unlike previous years, so you don't have to sacrifice alot of those parts to get into an auto.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
It would cost $7000-8000 to swap in a 10A. Just trade the car in.

OP
OP
mondos

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
Thank you for providing your insight.

I need to go to the dealer and see what they say, but I have red interior manual convertible which could be hard to trade in just before winter. I doubt that I would need to pay less than $5k or even $8k to get a new car if I trade in my current. I would not take a car from the lot as I want everything by my spec making it even harder. I would assume that 10% would at least be off from the original price of my car.

I switched to the Steeda clutch support spring and at first I didn't notice much of a difference, but I don't develop same kind of fatigue over longer period of driving. I know exactly when it engages and it kind of relaxes the whole process of changing gear.

It amazing that a $20 thing could improve so much in long run.
Sponsored