Sponsored

Challenger outsold Mustang again. Worst Mustang sales ever.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
That's just ridiculous.

Let me guess - no security cams (at least not in the places needed or should have been) - and what has the Owner done to not only beef up security but to protect its workers and/or onsite Security? What do the cops do with so many events at the same location - just come and shrug their shoulders, leave?

That's an insane situation going there - pretty much the Wild West, only modernized.
In terms of cameras, not anything useful, all low rez stuff- not that it would matter anyway. They did install new cameras and other security devices. Policies in place now about cars on the ground with a key in it (service department, like in a work bay). They frosted all windows so you canā€™t see inside from the outside (not especially thrilled about this one). Removed glass panels from garage doors and replaced with solid panels. New alarm system. Inventory keys are now stored in an electronic lock box in a locked nondescript room, it logs the employee that takes a key and takes a picture. The cops would hang around right after this all went down from time to time, but made it clear that we needed to provide our own security. If a crime happened they would investigate, but they didnā€™t have the resources to permanently post a car at the dealership, esp at taxpayer cost. Essentially ā€œprotect yourself, but give us a call if something happensā€. We ended up blocking all the exits with cars across the road, which really sucked for working day to day- only one way in and out. That went on for a few months. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m leaving out a few details. But yes, like the Wild West. I canā€™t wait to get out of here.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Unfortunately sounds like business as usual in Illinois these days
Just saw a similar story late last week on the news about what looked like a Lexus dealer in Schaumburg. Broke in and took a bunch of keys and tens of cars. They showed the footage on the news and they did get a couple of the guys, kids like 14 years old.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just saw a similar story late last week on the news about what looked like a Lexus dealer in Schaumburg. Broke in and took a bunch of keys and tens of cars. They showed the footage on the news and they did get a couple of the guys, kids like 14 years old.
Yep saw that too. Pretty frickin ridiculous

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
Personally I wish Ford would get rid of the V6 option, just stick with the GT and better models.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Warn your friends about the security flaw in Kias and Hyundais produced before 2022. Itā€™s interesting that these juvenile retreads are smart enough to manipulate a carā€˜s electrical system, but most probably canā€™t get passing grades in the three Rs in schoolā€¦. Bruce

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
In Detroit yesterday they actually arrested 7 of them who couldn't make it out of the Stellantis parking lot, those Dodge vehicles certainly attract the lowest common denominator.

7 suspects arrested trying to steal trucks from Sterling Heights Stellantis car plant

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (FOX 2) - Seven people are in custody after a major auto theft attempt took place at a Chrysler plant in Sterling Heights early Tuesday morning.

The car plant robbery led to suspects being arrested at and around the facility after they tried stealing approximately 10 pickup trucks.

Police also said a patrol car was rammed during the wild robbery attempt.

Police from Clinton Township, Warren, as well as the Macomb County Sheriff's Office are also assisting in the investigation.

According to Sterling Heights police, multiple suspects gained entry to the Stellantis Sterling Heights Assembly Plant before trying to steal multiple Ram pickup trucks. Located on Van Dyke near 17 Mile, police secured the parking lot while the suspects attempted to flee.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Personally I wish Ford would get rid of the V6 option, just stick with the GT and better models.
I presume you mean the Ecoboost, Ford dropped the Mustang V6 for the 2018 MY. Do that, and watch the sales drop even further, as I imagine the turbo 4 accounts for nearly half the sales, and you wonā€™t pick up all of that with GT sales.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Makes some sense. Challengers & Chargers are great cars, loved by all sorts of car enthusiasts. And now they have officially reached their EoL.

It makes sense there are more people out there grabbing the last of these ICE machines before the EVs come out.
Well I watch the Arkansas State Police car chase videos and the Charger / Challenger is definitely the preferred mode of transportation for the Urban Street Corner Entrepreneur!

EC527CD9-5842-4FAB-A7B0-5EE8507C4CA5.jpeg

18380ED3-6CE7-4F74-8A2A-35C80DD91350.jpeg

61706EA3-E6BE-46BF-8B09-5CD227944FE0.jpeg

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I watch the Arkansas State Police car chase videos and the Charger / Challenger is definitely the preferred mode of transportation for the Urban Street Corner Entrepreneur!

EC527CD9-5842-4FAB-A7B0-5EE8507C4CA5.jpeg

18380ED3-6CE7-4F74-8A2A-35C80DD91350.jpeg

61706EA3-E6BE-46BF-8B09-5CD227944FE0.jpeg
Not gonna lie, love the ASP--they dish out amazing content šŸ¤£

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30