Sponsored

Challenger outsold Mustang again. Worst Mustang sales ever.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Holy cow man your kids are tall. I've owned both, currently owner Challenger SRT iand the back seat is just much more inhabitable even for six footers. Still not ideal though, LOL
Yeah we’ve got a lot of height in our family. I’m 6’1”, my wife is 5’11”, her brother is 6’4” and my dad and her dad are both 6’3”
Sponsored

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Yeah we’ve got a lot of height in our family. I’m 6’1”, my wife is 5’11”, her brother is 6’4” and my dad and her dad are both 6’3”
I'm with you man I'm 6'3 myself.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Me personally, I really don't care which car sells more or less, never was a consideration for me when I decided to buy my 19GT.
As far as the extinction of the gas powered engine, trucks cars ETC, that's not going to happy within our life time no matter how much the extreme want to pander it.
But good topic

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with the last dodge ice, and new mustang being two big reasons. I don't know what a Dodge costs, other than I know a hellcat is expensive. I've never ridden in any dodge muscle, how do they handle? I always assumed poorly...
I'm a Challenger SRT owner. They don't handle as well as a mustang but on balance they handle better than you would think for a 4200 lb car.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I don't even see how that's possible. The Challenger has a much larger backseat and is much easier to get in and out of than a Mustang.
Agreed. I sat in the back of a Challenger with driver’s seat where I needed it and fit quite comfortably and I am nearly 6’2”. Can’t do that in the Mustang, not even remotely close.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I will say this. Where I’m at you see Chargers Challengers everywhere. So it’s saturated with Dodge. When I was earnestly looking my wife outright said no to a Challenger even though she’s tall for a woman. The Corvette didn’t fit her well and she didn’t not like the lack of headroom and visibility in the Camaro. So the choices dwindled. She likes the fact that with the seat all the way back she can stretch out her legs or cross them and so on.

Honestly I don’t know why she was so adamant against the Dodge but I’m glad she helped on tue process getting back to the Mustang.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You deserve a ban for having this wrong opinion 😂

My main complaint with the challenger is the thicc dashboard. Like, why does it take up so much of the interior? They also have so much ride height stock, especially the lower trims.
If your main complain about a challenger is a thick dashboard, well not really much else to say LOL

NavyNut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jean-yves
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I love the challenger myself very nice muscle car but I prefer my pp1 mustang which was quite a bit cheaper than a scat pack challenger. I think maybe its the supply of mustang that affected the sales as there's not many on the lots new if there's any but I haven't seen many challengers too new on the lots.
Both are beautiful cars tho and the challenger is the end of the line for dodge muscle car with a combustion engine they will obviously become classics in my opinion.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They are marginally worse than a Mustang in corners and transitions, but unless you are really pushing on a road course or something you probably won't notice a difference in the ability to turn corners. If most of your driving is on the highway and regular roads the Challenger is probably marginally better for those uses. They lay on the road really nicely.
since I own both a scat/NB and a couple of S550 let me tell you that the Challenger doesn't provide near the confidence and feel up front. Yes it does corner fairly well (I have the 3-way Bilsteins) but you are on pins and needles wondering if it's going to hold on. The WideBody definitely helps in the "yup, it feels like it'll make that corner". The stock alignment does the Dodge no favors, so that's on the TODO.

And for all the mammoth cabin, there's no provision for phones or charging pads which is downright mysterious.

I'm going to have to brace the Challenger chassis and deal with the IRS bushing/marshmellows too and hopefully that'll also help 'read' the car.

For slabbing down the highway the Challenger is VERY comfy but the Mustang seats (cloth or leather) are more supportive and don't develop hot spots.

This Scat had all the options with a MSRP of 57k which is in no way justified IMO. Should have been 47 or so. Back in 2019 Dodge was selling them with 5K of factory cash and then another 5-8% off from there.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
My last car was a 2014 Charger R/T and I loved it. Comfortable, plenty of power, roomy, it was just a nice car. If they had the option for the 6 speed I probably would have gone that way. When it came time to get a new car in 2022 I tried to like the Challenger six speed, big V8, shaker hood scoop, I actually strongly considered it. Until I drove it... It had the power and the feel, but the vision was nothing short of atrocious. The MASSIVE C pillars matched with the small rear window made it feel like I was driving a coffin.

Deals? = I live 3 blocks from one of the larger Dodge dealers in Tulsa and they had a decent # of cars on the lot all 2022. All the Ford dealers around here had tumble weeds blowing across their lots. Everything Dodge had on their lot had some kind of discount and there was even plenty of discount money if I wanted to make an order. I had to call over 30 dealers to get 5% off MSRP for my Mustang order with plenty of dealers simply telling me full MSRP or no deal.

Order time? = I had a guy I work with order a 2022 R/T and he had it in 45 days from deposit to driving, compared to my 113 days of waiting for Flatrock.

Overall, the sales numbers don't really surprise me.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Order time? = I had a guy I work with order a 2022 R/T and he had it in 45 days from deposit to driving, compared to my 113 days of waiting for Flatrock.
Beats the turn-around on my order (not that I ended up with the car, bought off the lot from a different dealer)

Dealer called to give me first option when my car finally arrived: 247 days later and about 6 months after I bought the other car (was told 16 weeks when I ordered)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm betting Ford used a lot more of the Chips for there F-150's that they knew they could sell for a good dollar and the demand was crazy for them.
100%. And they still had thousands of trucks sitting around with no chips

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Its sad that the Mustang Mach E out sold the Mustang, that might of affected total sales of the S550, but with the 2024 coming out sales will keep dwindling.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
since I own both a scat/NB and a couple of S550 let me tell you that the Challenger doesn't provide near the confidence and feel up front. Yes it does corner fairly well (I have the 3-way Bilsteins) but you are on pins and needles wondering if it's going to hold on. The WideBody definitely helps in the "yup, it feels like it'll make that corner". The stock alignment does the Dodge no favors, so that's on the TODO.

And for all the mammoth cabin, there's no provision for phones or charging pads which is downright mysterious.

I'm going to have to brace the Challenger chassis and deal with the IRS bushing/marshmellows too and hopefully that'll also help 'read' the car.

For slabbing down the highway the Challenger is VERY comfy but the Mustang seats (cloth or leather) are more supportive and don't develop hot spots.

This Scat had all the options with a MSRP of 57k which is in no way justified IMO. Should have been 47 or so. Back in 2019 Dodge was selling them with 5K of factory cash and then another 5-8% off from there.
I think we have some things in common. Feel matters to me as well, but I don't get much from cars with electric power steering. I also had to replace the suspension in my 2017 PP1 Mustang because to me the stock suspension is way too soft. I put in the FP track handling suspension and to me that is a perfect street suspension - still marginally too soft for track use if you are going to push hard, because it doesn't control body motions as well as I would prefer. Both my GR86 and FiST have/had stiffer suspension from the factory than the FP Mustang track handling kit.

But I don't take what you wrote as being counter to what I said about the Challenger's ride. I think that you don't need great front end feel for driving on the highway and obeying applicable laws. Also feel and grip are different, so even with poor feel a vehicle can handle reasonably well.

When you mention no provision for phones, does that mean no charging points? In my '04 Z06 I used the lighter receptacle for charging when I needed it. Something else? I haven't owned a car with a charging pad, so I personally would not miss that. Do you mean they don't have android auto or car play?
Sponsored