Sponsored

Challenger outsold Mustang again. Worst Mustang sales ever.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
If McDonalds sells more burgers than Wendys are they "BEST"?
Not at all, but it does make them more popular and a sales leader. Ford may lose the crown for best selling truck in the next couple years too. They are literally handing it to Ram.

I wouldn't buy a Dodge/Ram product, but you can't ignore the successes they have made against the competition.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Dodge faced the same supply issues, so I don't buy that argument. End of ICE dodges.. end of s550, so that's a wash. Also, how many of those challengers were a V6, I bet it outsold the v-8 10:1, or a least the same ratio that the ecoboost mustangs outsell GT's.
Ford's supply issues were far worse. Almost no Mustangs on the lots, and Chargers and Challengers were still out there to buy.

End of S550 is not a wash, in any way, shape or form. Not in comparison to ending ICE Dodges. That's two dramatically different things. If the S650 was going to be an EV, then it would be a wash.

And if anything, the S650 coming out next year is hurting recent Mustang sales. Some folks will hold off until the new car arrives.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
And the early generations actively try to kill you 😂
Yes they do! 🤣 It is like playing with fire! There is a strange feeling of respect that I have towards the car as I know it will gladly take me out without warning if I do something dumb. LOL

I’ve never driven a GT500 but I imagine it is similar, although I do think mustangs would be way more refined, especially compared to my gen viper. I keep the dumb tricks to a minimum as I do want to live haha so folks see me all the time casually driving to Costco or Trader Joe’s with the viper to get groceries. 🤣 the reactions I see are priceless and it is a real treat to share with others as most of the viper owners near me have garage queens, so the public never sees them. It’s a toy that I love, but the mustang I have is the car that I couldn’t live without! Best daily ever and so well rounded. Equal balance of power, style and comfort.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Yes they do! 🤣 It is like playing with fire! There is a strange feeling of respect that I have towards the car as I know it will gladly take me out without warning if I do something dumb. LOL

I’ve never driven a GT500 but I imagine it is similar, although I do think mustangs would be way more refined, especially compared to my gen viper. I keep the dumb tricks to a minimum as I do want to live haha so folks see me all the time casually driving to Costco or Trader Joe’s with the viper to get groceries. 🤣 the reactions I see are priceless and it is a real treat to share with others as most of the viper owners near me have garage queens, so the public never sees them. It’s a toy that I love, but the mustang I have is the car that I couldn’t live without! Best daily ever and so well rounded. Equal balance of power, style and comfort.
Maybe not the GT500, but the first gen Ford GT. I’ve heard that one actively tries to kill its driver…

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I can believe it. The Mopar cars are coming to an end, so people are scooping them up like never before. Then Ford just announced the new generation S650, which usually means poor sales for it's current generation as most people wait for the new one.

Not making excuses, just thoughts as to why.
Yep.

I'll be scooping up a S650 in a few years and that'll be it for me and ICE probably. Gonna try and keep this one too, maybe they will increase in value.

Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
If a driver wants an American muscle car, the Challenger and Charger are it. The Mustang and Camaro are more of sports cars at this point. Thanks to YouTube and social media, the Hellcats and ScatPacks have become very, very popular, and people want them before the Commie versions go on sale.

They are also very popular with car thieves too.

And it seems like Ford added a more muscular front-end to the S650, alongside the Camaro design body lines. They want market penetration left void by Dodge and GM. Sadly, Ford designed a new Mustang without any charisma. Bean counters leading the design, instead of providing freedom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
If a driver wants an American muscle car, the Challenger and Charger are it. The Mustang and Camaro are more of sports cars at this point. Thanks to YouTube and social media, the Hellcats and ScatPacks have become very, very popular, and people want them before the Commie versions go on sale.

They are also very popular with car thieves too.

And it seems like Ford added a more muscular front-end to the S650, alongside the Camaro design body lines. They want market penetration left void by Dodge and GM. Sadly, Ford designed a new Mustang with without any charisma. Bean counters leading the design, instead of providing freedom.
The Dodges and Jeeps are very easy for the thieves to steal. I have a friend who does pin code systems on them so they can't be started, even with the key unless you enter the correct sequence. He does installs every day on them, but it works.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I’ve driven a 500 once, it’s a brute but I never felt uncomfortable like I did in a Viper. Felt very in control of the car the entire time even though it just wants go. Not many cars that scare me (that I’ve driven anyway) but the Viper is one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe not the GT500, but the first gen Ford GT. I’ve heard that one actively tries to kill its driver…
I’ve heard that as well. Never have had the opportunity to drive one.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
The extra room in the Challenger, may be the reason for more sales. If we needed the extra room in the back we would have gone with a Challenger. I like the handling and performance of the Mustang

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Am I missing something with the extra room in the Challenger? I test drove one with my kids and they had a harder time getting in the back seats than they do in my Mustang

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Am I missing something with the extra room in the Challenger? I test drove one with my kids and they had a harder time getting in the back seats than they do in my Mustang
I don't even see how that's possible. The Challenger has a much larger backseat and is much easier to get in and out of than a Mustang.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
There's also 11 different models of Challenger.

That's alotta' friggin' models.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't even see how that's possible. The Challenger has a much larger backseat and is much easier to get in and out of than a Mustang.
Yeah I don’t know. And they’re not small kids either. My 8th grader is 6’0” and my 4th grader is taller than most 6th graders.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Yeah I don’t know. And they’re not small kids either. My 8th grader is 6’0” and my 4th grader is taller than most 6th graders.
Holy cow man your kids are tall. I've owned both, currently owner Challenger SRT iand the back seat is just much more inhabitable even for six footers. Still not ideal though, LOL
Sponsored